Norv's Take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv's Take

dolphinkee

Scout Team
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ct13,0,5143264.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Dolphins had two big chances against the Jaguars. Wide receivers Chris Chambers and James McKnight both got free for what should have been touchdowns, but both times Fiedler's passes fell incomplete.

The first came on a first down in the first quarter with the Dolphins at the Jaguars' 34. Chambers ran free across the middle of the field near the goal line, but Fiedler overthrew him.

In the fourth quarter, with the Dolphins holding a 17-10 lead, McKnight got behind coverage along the left sideline. McKnight, the team's fastest receiver, ran hard but couldn't catch up to Fiedler's pass and the Dolphins had to punt.

Turner said he didn't see a replay, so he wasn't sure whether Fiedler's pass was too long or if McKnight should have had it.

"It probably is a combination of both," Turner said. "[McKnight] was going full speed, but it was hard to tell."

The plays were similar to those missed in their season-opening loss to Houston. In that game, a Fiedler pass for Derrius Thompson was just out of his reach and he overthrew McKnight when he was open along the sideline.

"There are plays there, we've just been inconsistent," Chambers said. "We've got to make those plays, man. You can't get them back."

Looks like more than the fans are questioning what the qb is doing.

This has been ongoing for about three weeks. Fiedler just hasn't been doing what Norv (or Chambers) wants.

Fiedler missed badly on the Chambers play.

The McKnight play, IMO, should have been caught. In addition, Fiedler was under extremely pressure on that throw. He had to shake loose from a sack and get off a quick pass. Given the pass rush, it was a good throw.

McMichael also dropped a long pass. Fiedler made a nice 33 yd pass to McKnight on third down also.

By my count he made 3 good throws and one bad throw on 30+ yd throws. I was encouraged by the way Fiedler threw the deep pass. Imagine what would happen with better pass protection and fewer 1st down and 30 to go plays.

This is the first game I have seen this year. My impression was that they were a play or two from breaking it open.

This was the type of game they lost in the past. I'm happy with the win. The offense is not clicking yet, but I'm confident it can return to the form of early last year.

What's frustrating about that Chambers miss is that it is the exact same throw/route that missed when McKnight ran it at New England right at the goal line. That day, that missed opportunity would likely have won the game.....and sent us to the playoffs.

FanInBuffalo, you are correct. While the offense has pretty much sputtered in every game this year, there have been 2 or 3 or sometimes more plays where we could break the game wide open. And those plays are almost always a deep bomb where the receiver breaks open. This week it was McKnight and Chambers, last week it was Chambers wide open on a skinny post. The week before it was Chambers torching Winfield on another deep post (if I recall correctly). Every week we have left big plays/TDs on the field.

Back
Top Bottom