Not A Good Draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not A Good Draft

I hate to question anyone's football knowledge, but if anybody on this board seem to imply that the dolphins didn't do great job in accomplishing their goal must be on opium

This draft class wasn't amazing but there was still value that we failed to get.

We've tried spectacular drafts before? I can maybe only think of

2016-because of the Tunsil fall, and in that draft we netted three starters with our first three picks and a decent gadget player in Jakeem.

2012-Tannehill, Martin, Miller, Rishard, and OV were all starters.

We've gotten no where because we haven't had the right coach and or selected the correct player in drafts.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. When I said spectacular - I was talking about the big-name draftees our admin thought were going to turn mediocre teams into champions. Names like Dion Jordan, Yatil Green, Tannehill, Pat White, etc.

It's funny to see people say the Pats suck at drafting and are always getting recognition just because they'r the Pats. Then some of the same people say we're drafting Pats type players and our draft is great.

Needless to say I agree with everyone that our draft was great

I really like Wilkins at 13. His TFL numbers were insane and he has the attitude you want. Some scouts had him a lot higher than 13. (I also really liked Brian Burns at 13 but we'll see who has a bigger impact in the years to come). Hard to second guess this pick IMO.

In round 2 it's also hard to argue with the strategy/philosophy here. I get it that some people do not like Rosen but the value is there for a guy who some had as QB1 over the guys in this draft. I don't buy the BS about his attitude. Completely overblown IMO.

When you consider we got back a 2nd next year (likely end of round 2) and still landed a talented QB, once again, I cannot complain. It's a low risk/high reward selection. Knowing how bad Keim is in AZ and the fact that Adam Gase didn't like Rosen as a QB, I like the pick even more. (I was hoping for OL or CB in round 2 but no complaints here.)

We can see what he has and go after a QB in 2020 or 2021. Imagine 2021 and Tua and Lawrence both come out.

In round 3, we get the OL spot I wanted. Not specifically for Deiter but IOL. Seems like a pick the Pats make and turn into a stud. We don't have the OL coach they do but I like the fact we spent the 3rd on OL and a big need.

Round 4 sent to Saints.

Round 5: I never heard of this kid. We'll see what he brings. I was familiar with several other available players who I would have wanted. Daylon Mack could have given us a better NT option. I also thought Charles Omenihu would have been a good get. Joe Jackson, DeAndre Walker, etc.

Prince in round 6 filled a position of need but he'll likely need a lot of work to get any snaps but I guess we don't really know.

Rounds 7 on a FB and HB: Nice to see a FB come aboard but I would have leaned toward a bigger need position instead of RB but at that point they were likely going by grades alone as BPA.

Back
Top Bottom