Not a rumour just conjecture | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not a rumour just conjecture

islanddolphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
It has been said that Saban is a Belichick clone per say and that he is looking to build the Dolphins in some what the same manner Bill built the Patriots. Well if that is so Saban most likely will be trading down and running back or receiver may not be his likely first choice.

Belichick has put a premium on defensive lineman in the draft taking one in the first round of three of the last four drafts as well as investing a couple of second round draft picks on the position over that span.

Saban has already proven to put that position at the top of his priority list by signing two D-lineman so far this free agency. We all know T-Bo and Chester is getting up there in years and both are coming off major surgeries. Sooner or later Saban is going to make a switch to the 3-4 defense and will want to play some of it this year.

I can see Saban trading down a couple of times in the first round or maybe just once and picking up multiple picks and actually grabbing one of the top tackles in the draft who can play the nose in the 3-4 or line up in the 4-3.

Belichick has said you dont have to draft skill players early in the draft. Look at New England receivers, none drafted in the top two rounds. Also Lenihan has proven he can take a third round choice (Burlesson) and make him into a pretty good receiver.

If the Fins can trade down into the first round pick up a huge tackle, maybe a safety and get a quarterback, receiver and running back in the next three rounds then it will be a pretty good draft.

I think you're onto something, but the draft is weak on DT/NT. Safety or DE, however....

Travis Johnson is better than most think, however he's not the type of DL your talking about.

I would not like to go D at least on this draft Offensive players take longer to develop than Defensive players, so if we are building for the third year of Sabans contract we better get to work in the O right now.

Belichick also had Drew Bledsoe, then the Brady pot of gold fell in lap...

Eric-Gofins said:
Im so tired of comparasions with Saban and Belichick....

As long as they compare in wins and SB victories, then let the comparisons continue!!!!

I did say the last four years. If I remember correctly Brady has played quarterback the last four years. All of their receivers are young and drafted in the last four years.

Imagine drafting two defensive starters who can dominate and make our defense top three.

Then pick up a running back (the draft is very deep in those), a quarterback to groom and a receiver to push Thompson at the least and maybe start.

The bottom of the draft we can use for depth elsewhere.

If Williams come back then we have a top three defense and with even a top 15 offense (which is very possible) we then have a playoff team.

Back
Top Bottom