Not all was bad, my comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not all was bad, my comments

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
First off I will say I didn't watch this game live but the only thing I really knew when I did watch it was the final score. Also, I didn't watch the 4th quarter because I wanted to goto bed but the 4th quarter is kind of pointless.

Let me start by saying it was our FIRST pre-season game, it means NOTHING. Not only that but they were playing Tampa Bay in their SECOND pre-season game which means they're on the same page more times than we are.

Brian Griese I thought looked ok. His passes were pretty accurate with some zip and he certainly did not get helped by Chambers and McMichael but he held the ball way too long many times and took sacks because of it. Although I couldn't see the field to see if anyone's open, father Bob said it perfect when he said "If no one is open and you can't get outside, you just gotta run forward as fast you can and pick up as many as possible" which is something Brian did not do.

Ricky Williams didn't do enough to really get any comments as I think he only touched the ball twice. One touch though he only got 2 yards but it was great that he even got 2, most RBs would of lost yardage.

Chris Chambers looked terrible. Not only did he drop two passes he easily should of caught, his routes didn't look very crisp and he only got open on the plays that were designed for him as with the other WRs. Our WRs seem to me to have the SAME PROBLEM as last year, the problem of getting their butt open. You can't blame the QB for incompletions when he has to force a ball in there because his WRs can't get seperation.

I thought the 1st team o-line actually looked pretty good for the most part. Only one sack was really their fault I think and that was when Quarles blitzed but it was unexpected and they didn't have enough bodies to pick him up.

The reserve WRs really looked good I thought. Even if OG was healthy I'm not so sure he would make the team anymore. Sam Simmons had the best hands of any of our receivers last night, starters or not. He also might of had the best speed. I'm glad we held onto this guy last year. JR Tolver also looked great. He has some great hands as well which is just what we need. Now this may be early but I'm serious when I say this, Chris Chambers better come around because if he doesn't he won't be starting that Monday Night against Philly. Although I didn't see the 4th quarter like I said, I did see a replay of Bellamy's TD catch and even though it was only one ball, he played it a lot better than Chambers ever did.

McMichael got only a couple opportunities to do anything and fumbled in the opportunity, terrible. He's got 4 weeks to get that worked out as does Chambers. I didn't really see any of the other TEs so I have no comment.

On defense, first team d-line didn't play so hot but it's not a big deal right now. They didn't make any real big mistakes. Junior Seau has obviously lost some speed and teams will take advantage of it but he didn't get beat as bad as it seems on that one pass to Pittman. He looked a little confused in the defense and was slow to react if you ask me. For Sam Madison no news is good news but I saw possibly the most pathetic attempt I've ever seen at a tackle by him last night. Jamar Fletcher I thought played pretty well. He hit real hard and didn't get beat. I was also impressed with Alphonso Roundtree whom we are interviewing soon here at FinHeaven (ask him questions in the thread at the top). He was fired up and had some good hits too.

Sammy Knight and Brock Marion I thought were the brightest spots from our first team yesterday. Knight and Marion were out there trying to knock someone out cold. Both of them just lowered their shoulders and although they didn't drive Alstott backwards, they didn't let him go forward which is pretty damn good. Usually Alstott delivers the blows but I think Marion and Knight were delivering the blows to him last night.

Corey Jenkins and Brandon Ayanbadejo showed some great speed last night and they can hit as well. If Moore and Greenwood's injuries are semi-serious, I think Ayanbadejo would do a fine job filling in as the starter.

Also, our backup punter was amazing. That Stemke kid can kick.

I didn't think overall it was that ugly. Our backups played great and our problem last year was depth. It looks like we may have it this year. Our 1st team should get it together by the start of the season, don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom