NOT as bad as management hoped. This club COULD be sitting at 4-5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NOT as bad as management hoped. This club COULD be sitting at 4-5

sugar_ray

Active Roster
Reaction score
Strip the roster of any talent and hope the team we field is bad enough to land us some salvation?

The owner deliberately wanting the team to lose just like the movie “Major League”

Realistically, this years Phins aren’t but COULD be sitting at 4-5

That redskins game, converting the 2 points and the Monday nighter in Pittsburgh was there for the taking

Been a phins fan for 30 years now. This season is just wacky! What the hell do we cheer for? Wins? Losses? I was all in for the tank but now that’s shot to hell.
Run the table boys!! 9-7 here we come

We traded Tunsil and Minkah and we're going to leave the 2020 draft with one player drafted on day 1.

Unbelievable.

Why so negative?

If this coaching staff can put together enough wins with the current roster to completely screw up draft position, imagine what they might be able to do with an average to above average roster.

There are enough draft pick in the cookie jar this season and next, along with FA, to accomplish that and more. They may not need the top QB in a given draft in order to get things rolling.

Have a little faith and you might end up pleasantly surprised.

Strip the roster of any talent and hope the team we field is bad enough to land us some salvation?

The owner deliberately wanting the team to lose just like the movie “Major League”

Realistically, this years Phins aren’t but COULD be sitting at 4-5

That redskins game, converting the 2 points and the Monday nighter in Pittsburgh was there for the taking

Been a phins fan for 30 years now. This season is just wacky! What the hell do we cheer for? Wins? Losses? I was all in for the tank but now that’s shot to hell.
Run the table boys!! 9-7 here we come

I don't believe the owner wants to deliberately lose … having said that the FO has been on point in what they wanted to do so far …

Hire a competent coaching staff ...CHECK
Get the salary cap under control …CHECK
Acquire more draft picks ... CHECK
Get rid of malcontents ... CHECK
Create a winning culture/environment ... CHECK

I may have missed one or two but so far everything is going to plan (not that ANY of us KNOW the plan) … IMO

Now they need to purge FinHeaven of malcontents .... not saying you are one ... just saying :chuckle::munch:

I don't believe the owner wants to deliberately lose … having said that the FO has been on point in what they wanted to do so far …

Hire a competent coaching staff ...CHECK
Get the salary cap under control …CHECK
Acquire more draft picks ... CHECK
Get rid of malcontents ... CHECK
Create a winning culture/environment ... CHECK

I may have missed one or two but so far everything is going to plan (not that ANY of us KNOW the plan) … IMO

Now they need to purge FinHeaven of malcontents .... not saying you are one ... just saying :chuckle::munch:
If only....

I’m not happy about the wins because I wanted the first pick. However, I am blown away that we won 2 games with this roster. We have a team full of guys off the street and we are the lowest penalized team lol. I’m definitely happy with Flo and the coaching staff.

I’m not happy about the wins because I wanted the first pick. However, I am blown away that we won 2 games with this roster. We have a team full of guys off the street and we are the lowest penalized team lol. I’m definitely happy with Flo and the coaching staff.

I don't care that much about having the first pick … I want to see us build a foundation before worrying about the roof … and I would love to see us field a nasty defense … build the team the QB will come IMO

I don't often find myself agreeing with Armando Salguero, but he wrote in an article last night;

"That’s important because it would serve no purpose the Dolphins being terrible this year, perhaps losing every game, getting that first pick for that great young quarterback ... and having him fail miserably under a horrible head coach and staff."

I think that's a great point. I'd rather have a good but not elite quarterback, with a great coaching staff, than an elite quarterback with a not so good staff. I learned during the Marino years that it takes more than an elite QB.

I don't often find myself agreeing with Armando Salguero, but he wrote in an article last night;

"That’s important because it would serve no purpose the Dolphins being terrible this year, perhaps losing every game, getting that first pick for that great young quarterback ... and having him fail miserably under a horrible head coach and staff."

I think that's a great point. I'd rather have a good but not elite quarterback, with a great coaching staff, than an elite quarterback with a not so good staff. I learned during the Marino years that it takes more than an elite QB.

Armando is correct. I for one certainly believed we were going to go 0 16 or 1 16 this year. I see 2 more wins so that will put us 3rd or 4th in the draft. Bengals get Tua, Jets get Young or Herbert we wait.

Back
Top Bottom