Not Dolphin Subject Was There Ever A African American Qb To Ever Win A Superbowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Dolphin Subject Was There Ever A African American Qb To Ever Win A Superbowl?

Doug Williams did for Washington in the late 80's. I think McNabb has a good chance with the team they have right now in Philly.

Did Doug Williams actually do it? I thought Mark Rypien had to come in for him and actually got Super Bowl MVP or something. I forget.

ckparrothead said:
Did Doug Williams actually do it? I thought Mark Rypien had to come in for him and actually got Super Bowl MVP or something. I forget.
Nope. Doug Williams was the QB against Denver in the 87 Super Bowl, or something like that. Mark Rypien was the QB for Wash. in 91.

Doug Williams did it and I think he got MVP.

dominizzo said:
The Only Guy I See Doing It Is Mcnabb If There Wasnt Any In The Past Ur Thoughts??????
Doug Williams with the Washinton Redskins in superbowl 22.He was also the MVP.

wow!!!!!!!! thats just amazing.

why is race a matter?

Hes just another person.

Because maybe African-Americans can find pride in something like that?

Not everything is "racist."

Phinz4Life said:
Because maybe African-Americans can find pride in something like that?

I'm black and I don't care. There has never been a super bowl team who didn't have BOTH a black or white guy, anyways. It's a team game, not a QB's game.

And really...the era of black QB's is just about to start. McNabb, Culpepper, Vick(say what you want, but he's an excellent QB), & Leftwhich will be at the top of the game for a long, long time. Aaron Brooks ain't too bad, either. However, I don't see him winning a ring in NO.

But really, race isn't an issue. I hate when people make a big deal about a "black QB" or "black coach".

X-Con said:
I'm black and I don't care. There has never been a super bowl team who didn't have BOTH a black or white guy, anyways. It's a team game, not a QB's game.

And really...the era of black QB's is just about to start. McNabb, Culpepper, Vick(say what you want, but he's an excellent QB), & Leftwhich will be at the top of the game for a long, long time. Aaron Brooks ain't too bad, either. However, I don't see him winning a ring in NO.

But really, race isn't an issue. I hate when people make a big deal about a "black QB" or "black coach".

Understood. :D

X-Con said:

This has been all over Sportcenter since Willingham was fired. Im sure if you play the game your team mates dont care if you are white, black, or polka dotted. At least I never did.

Vick is an "Excellent Athlete", but hes not yet an excellent QB. Vick should be labeled a QB/RB. His rushing yards are often in the area of his passing yards, this is the only reason I say he isnt an excellent QB, YET!

Back
Top Bottom