Not excited about either coaching candidate? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not excited about either coaching candidate?

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
That's how I feel; anyone else with me? Fisher, while a good coach, means a total change in philosophy and probably a total rebuild. Not really into that. Bowles and the Chicago Special Teams coach? Please no, I have no confidence whatsoever in them.

It's hard to tell what Fisher's style would look like if he came here. Ross had said there wouldn't be roster turnover this off season. Would he contradict what he said with hiring Fisher?

I understand what you are saying about make philosophical changes, but at the end of day we were 6-10 followed by a pair of 7-9's.

I agree that we are close in some respects and played very well down the stretch. I argued we were the 4th best team in the AFC right now in another tread. However, Fisher would bring a ton of credibility to the locker room and make these guys strong mentally which we were lacking BIG TIME.

At the end of the day, I do think he comes here, so the point will be moot.

And what's wrong with a philosophical change?

Enjoy 6-10 much?

This team doesn't need a rebuild. St. Louis needs a rebuild.

I still don't get the Fisher hype to be honest. His record just doesn't justify it.

And what's wrong with a philosophical change?

Enjoy 6-10 much?

This team doesn't need a rebuild. St. Louis needs a rebuild.

Historically the only philosophical change you can see with Fisher is on the defense. He's always had a 4-3 defense and we run a 3-4. Well my thoughts on that is if it aint broke then don't try to fix it(although we need more playmakers on D). On offense however Fishers style is pretty similar to what we've seen here the last few years, ground and pund, try not to make mistakes, play conservative. The difference though is that Fisher is just flat out a better coach than Sparano, he is 100x better at making gameday decisions. So I guess if he would leave Nolan on board and leave the D alone or switch to a 4-3 and the defense didn't take a serious drop then we'd be a better team just by hiring him but those are pretty big IFS imo.

the more and more i think of fisher, i dont like the idea of signing him. its a rash decision. ross promised he was going to do a wide search. so far besides bowles and fisher he has interviewed 1 candidate. not much of a wide search. we need to do some more interviews and not race with the rams.

I was warming to Fisher but the more I think about him being the coach the mroe it seems that Billick is the right pick.

You have to give Fisher credit. He's always found a way to make his teams compete with lessor talent. There was never any big names in Tenn. Yet they always seem to be tuff and could beat anybody on a given day. as soon as he seemed to have gotten the team in order to make a run, the GM would cut all the players and not resign the others and he was forced to start all over again. So from that aspect you have to give Fisher credit. Further he seemed to use the people that he had on his roster. When eddie George was the prime player he was used. when Mcnair was well groomed the focus was on him. when Vince young was the hot hand he was was used. when Crhis johnson was the primary player he was used. He never really got trapped into one style of play. for granted it was always worked around a running game but he usede his players wisley.

IDK I'm dont seem to like any other the candidates that much right now either. My pick is Billick or hire Bowls and keep everything the same as the time is moving in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom