Not Excited? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Excited?

Thanks HCE! I have it loaded in another window ready to watch. This is kinda what I hoped would happen when I started the thread. Not what has happened with a couple members. But around here you must have thick skin. I have thick old skin.....LOL
Bingo! I think a left handed QB in Miami is "throwing me for a loop". Not used to it at all.
Just for fun, here's Marino as a lefty.

I'm not excited but not because of Tua...it's because I fear the professional sports as we know it will be a long way from normal for a long time.

Maybe I’m the weird one. I have been more excited for this season than I have any before. I did only join the Fin Fam around 2001. So I haven’t seen greatness. Or really even goodness. But I have faith!
Keep the faith, good times ahead.

I’m equally excited for the immediate future and long term future for the first time since Dan retired.

Since the draft, I watched every one of Tua’s passes. This kid is probably one of the most accurate passers that I have ever seen. He is a left handed Brees with mobility like Wilson. I just hope that he stays health but I think it will actually be easier for him to stay health in the NFL with the rules. I’d be surprised if we down see him at some point this season.
He’s THE most accurate I have ever seen, and I’ve said it for 2 years now. So glad we got him.

I have always looked forward to football season and I always was excited about our new players and the new season. I have been a fan for my whole life. Born and raised in Miami and born to love the Dolphins.
I am 63.
I am not excited. I'm not excited about Tua. I don't know him and was not at all impressed with the virtual workout before the draft.
I did not watch Alabama or much of the SEC conference.
Is it because he's a lefty, the video was not impressive? Why did it look he struggled to throw the football? The passes were not crisp and looked labored? I just have not seen what many of you have.
Is it because of the unknown season ahead?
What am I missing. I have never felt like this.
I had a serious personal loss last month and had hoped football would help me get back to normal.
Not being excited is one thing. I have some definite issues w our draft.

But how can you admit you've never seen Tua play, only reference a short workout video that was meant to show his injury progress, and decide to choose this OF ALL SEASONS to be distraught over?

In my 35 years, the Dolphins have been a 7-9 win team going into almost every season. Were you excited for those years? I don't know why you would've been. Yes, there's uncertainty with this team, but I'll take it over guarenteed mediocrity.

Tua was one of the best and most accurate QB prospects you can ask for before he got hurt. Plenty of people have a different opinion. But please go back and watch some games before forming such a strong one (for your own sake).

Last edited:
If you woke up on Sundays with a Ryan Tannehill hard on looking forward to the inevitable struggle bus of a game where we lose then you should be absolutely flipping ecstatic we have an actual qb playing qb.

It could be the fact that he's a lefty that's throwing your brain for a loop, he actually has a quick release and throws a tight spiral (he may not be tall, but he has BIG hands). I've visually flipped a highlight video for you here, let me know if you feel differently after watching it.
The way he hits receivers in stride is unreal, can’t wait to see him on the field

Back
Top Bottom