Not Excited? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Excited?

Do you live in some alternate universe? No offense but kind of an Eeyore style of thread to start. What's the point? If with all the info on Tua and all the great moves we made in FA and draft in addition to how we finished, if you can't be excited at this point maybe football in general isn't for you anymore. I'm stoked. Hope you get there too.
you are stoked and he is stroked

I have always looked forward to football season and I always was excited about our new players and the new season. I have been a fan for my whole life. Born and raised in Miami and born to love the Dolphins.
I am 63.
I am not excited. I'm not excited about Tua. I don't know him and was not at all impressed with the virtual workout before the draft.
I did not watch Alabama or much of the SEC conference.
Is it because he's a lefty, the video was not impressive? Why did it look he struggled to throw the football? The passes were not crisp and looked labored? I just have not seen what many of you have.
Is it because of the unknown season ahead?
What am I missing. I have never felt like this.
I had a serious personal loss last month and had hoped football would help me get back to normal.
sorry for your loss. just watch Dan Olovsky's analysis and get excited

Hey man, sorry for your loss.

The only thing detracting from my excitement for the upcoming season is concern that my parents catch this facking virus.

If that uncertainty wasn't out there I'd probably be doing one continuous cartwheel until opening day.

He is a gun slinger of the highest caliber who can already read defense's faster than most pro QB's and who's accuracy and consistancy is on a level pretty much all to himself, when you try to stop him you have to come after him with more than the 4 defensive linemen and that usually doesn't work well for the defense, if you tried to sit back in coverage he would pick you apart, it should make Dolphins practices interesting considering how much we have spent on the secondary.

In short time he will be the focal point of every team we play against....the Tua puff piece.

Notice how many defenders are attacking the line of scrimmage trying to blitz him to throw him off his game

LOL ... so the poster starts a thread at noon ... the post is still getting action an hour and a half later ... but the OP hasn't returned .... things may have deescalated fast ...

You really should go watch some of his clips and Alabama highlights. Then, imagine him in a Dolphins uniform while you do it. You might just find yourself smiling.

You asked what you're missing? I think that's it's pretty obvious.

I would have been excited with this offseason even if we didn’t draft a QB.

I have always looked forward to football season and I always was excited about our new players and the new season. I have been a fan for my whole life. Born and raised in Miami and born to love the Dolphins.
I am 63.
I am not excited. I'm not excited about Tua. I don't know him and was not at all impressed with the virtual workout before the draft.
Is it because he's a lefty, the video was not impressive? Why did it look he struggled to throw the football? The passes were not crisp and looked labored? I just have not seen what many of you have.
I had a serious personal loss last month and had hoped football would help me get back to normal.

Personal loss can take All the positive out of life. I hope it gets easier for you.

And there is this - If you cant find something to love about Tua - Our Defense should be greatly improved too.

He was drafted because of what he did at Alabama and not off what he did in the workout before the draft. The fact is he is still recovering from major surgery on his hip and we will probably not know for several months if he will be able to hold up in the NFL. He only cost the Dolphins one first round pick and he is certainly worth the risk if he can avoid further injury to his hip in the coming seasons.

The reason my optimism is not that high at this time has nothing to do with Tua or any of the players or coaches. It has to do entirely with whether or not there will even be a football season this year because of the virus. I just don’t see a vaccine this year and as soon as the first NFL player comes down with Covid19 once teams are allowed to practice together, I think the NFL will follow the NBA and suspend the season. If they even play half the games on their schedule this year, I will be totally surprised.

It could be the fact that he's a lefty that's throwing your brain for a loop, he actually has a quick release and throws a tight spiral (he may not be tall, but he has BIG hands). I've visually flipped a highlight video for you here, let me know if you feel differently after watching it.

I had a serious personal loss last month
Forget everything anyone else says. This will take take it all away. I lost my dad in the middle of '17 season. It was like the rest of it never happened. Lost my mom six months after dad. I'm JUST NOW actually coming around to sports meaning what they used to and now we know they may not come off at all. Take all your necessary time, stay away from the news other than how to protect yourself since the rest of the news is all bad - it probably won't help your disposition. And hopefully you come out the personal experience alright. Don't be surprised if it takes more than a year though. Best regards!

I am 63.
as far as Tua i didnt want him at first. Thought he was a product of his surrounding. As a Head coach myself i decided to just watch film of him, burrow, and herbert. I was blown away. Although he was surrounded by so much talent, you CANNOT teach his processing, anticipation and ball placement. Burrow is the same, but it was for only a year. And while herbert has the arm and athletic ability... his accuracy and anticipation is not even close to the other two. I think herberts problem is and was, he has always had a big arm and believes he can wait until the last second on certain throws. Lacks the anticipation that the others have
Just go watch his games, and look at the ball placement. Its on a different level. Also has a quick release. He was getting injured bc he was trying to do too much and held on to the ball too long to try and make something happen. He needs to learn to just throw the ball away. I think his quick processing and quick release is going to be great at the next level.

Watch this video... especially the first pass. Although incomplete, you CANNOT throw a better ball in a situation like that.

Back
Top Bottom