Not impressed w/ who the PACK have beaten | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not impressed w/ who the PACK have beaten

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
i was checking out the Packer clubhouse site on ESPN, and i gotta say that i am not really impressed with who green bay has beaten. the only thing i could say is that they did a number on a beaten down new england team who's phsycy was very low. other than that, atlanta pushed them into overtime and lost to new olreans and the rest is minny, chicago, detroit. im sorry, they have not beaten anyone of significance right now other than atlanta early. that is not to say that GB is not a good team though. just that this is not a lock like GB fans would think. i would certainly give them the edge but if i were a pack fan, i would be worried a little bit about farve on a slippery field with this type of injury. I hope to god that jim bates has a lot of blitzes in mind instead of that bend dont break crap. if i see that like against buffalo, were losers. i am not impressed with jim bates at all. i am praying for randy shannon as DC next year!

if the Phins has beaten the Bills, we could have talked about this; and if Jay was playing; but with Ray at QB and having only beaten 1 proven solid team in Denver....

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Will you be impressed when they beat the Phins.

depends on if ray lucas throws 4 INTS again. then i wont be impressed. the bills are the luckiest good team in the NFL. you beat Houston, us at the right time, and Detroit. now all of a sudden your world beaters. i cant wait til reality hits. Green bay is also at home here.
but let me ask you, would you be impressed w/ Miami if we beat GB on the road? i think not, cus we beat denver on the road and no Bills fans think that we deserved that game. so i could care less what you and your drunken ilk say or think. its all biased media BS. Drew is god, but not for long!

Originally posted by finfan54
depends on if ray lucas throws 4 INTS again. then i wont be impressed. the bills are the luckiest good team in the NFL. you beat Houston, us at the right time, and Detroit. now all of a sudden your world beaters. i cant wait til reality hits. Green bay is also at home here.
but let me ask you, would you be impressed w/ Miami if we beat GB on the road? i think not, cus we beat denver on the road and no Bills fans think that we deserved that game. so i could care less what you and your drunken ilk say or think. its all biased media BS. Drew is god, but not for long!

Ummm setting yourself up with the "We beat ourselves" excuse? :lol:

I really don't get into this "they have not beaten any good team" stuff. They won the games and that is what counts. As the saying goes "On any given Sunday" any team can beat the other team.

I am not real confident about this game. Until I see Lucas play a good game I have no faith in him. He really let us down against Buffalo.

Originally posted by finfan54
If Ray throws 4 ints against the Packers and the Packers win the game, would that negate the win? If Brett doesn't play or goes out early, would that negate a dolphins win. No, it would still be a win. The quality of teams in the NFL is not as great as it used to be. With FA, any team can (except maybe the bungles) make a playoff run. The real question comes down to who wins and who loses. This game will be decided by which team can take the most advantage of the other teams weakness. I don't expect a blowout (though I hope the Packers win in a runaway) because both teams are very good, and are looking to establish themselves as the team to beat in their respective conferences. The record after 16 games will be the only thing that decides who continues to play, and who gets homefield advantage.

Originally posted by NCCHEESEHEAD
If Ray throws 4 ints against the Packers and the Packers win the game, would that negate the win? If Brett doesn't play or goes out early, would that negate a dolphins win. No, it would still be a win. The quality of teams in the NFL is not as great as it used to be. With FA, any team can (except maybe the bungles) make a playoff run. The real question comes down to who wins and who loses. This game will be decided by which team can take the most advantage of the other teams weakness. I don't expect a blowout (though I hope the Packers win in a runaway) because both teams are very good, and are looking to establish themselves as the team to beat in their respective conferences. The record after 16 games will be the only thing that decides who continues to play, and who gets homefield advantage.

If Brett didn't play and your backup came in and threw 3 INT's to Surtain and generally had a Ray Lucas vs Buffalo style game I wouldn't feel anymore confident about the phins.

I can at least recognize when health issues dictate a game rather then the whole "better team" deal.

That's why I felt nothing over the phins breaking the Jets streak because we played a downright pitiful Jets team with a not 100% Curtis Martin.

If Ray throws 4 ints against the Packers and the Packers win the game, would that negate the win?

Yes cheesehead according to Dolphag logic it would require an asterisk. :rolleyes:

Obviously both sides have a point, when a team hasnt beaten anyone it has to be a concern for that team, but on the other hand alls they have done is win. U guys could argue that till ur blue in the face...As a dolphins fan it is hard to take that bills win and not mention the injury to our starting qb, but its not a very good excuse at all. Our back up qb has been here for two years, he should be a pretty damn comfortable qb by now. He spent more time in the new system then Jay did during the preseason. Honestly i was completely shocked that he played the way he did. Its no excuse though that our #1 qb was hurt, look at the steelers, and rams!! Steelers have a xfl qb performing well, and the Rams have their 3rd string qb doin well. Lucas and us dolphins fans dont have an excuse for the game against the bills. We lost and will hopefully learn from it, and hopefully Lucas will wake up and play like a veteran instead of a rookie. All teams go through injuries thats just the game. I do think we are goin to go into Lambeau and smuck the packers. McMicheal and Ricky should have a great day...I think Ahman Green is too good to stop completely, but i think the Dolphins will get pressure on Favre and cause turnovers. Our special teams with minor and ward are coming on really nice and should give us great field postion all day. Packers are a good team that have fought through their share of injuries already, so this should be a great game. Dolphins win 31-27

:billsbite

Stan..you're right about backups....they practice and should be ready to play...It's a HUGE debate in Packerland because Favre has started 164 straight...that's ten years...every game he has EVER been the starting QB. People think lets just coast cuz' we got Favre.

I think Favre is a great qb, but with age comes injuries and injuries that heal slower. I think he'll play his heart out like he always does, but sooner or later(it may not be now) he's goin to end up like Marino has the heart and head for the game, but the body isnt there anymore. Should be a great game, but i think special teams and turnovers will be in our favour. Im predicting Lucas pulls his head outta his ass. If he dont then its gonna hurt.

This is going to be a good game to watch. Green Bay is a great team, and sadly I feel that they're going to beat us out at the end, 28-24. Ofcourse, I hope I'm wrong.

I just saw the Wanny show and he said that, "every game consists of offense, defense and special teams, if we can win two out of the three on Monday night we have a great chance. With regard to this week he indicated that if we didn't win special teams we probably wouldn't win the game." He put huge importance on the special teams, probably because were on the road. Also, Rickey Williams has only played one Monday Night Game. Robert Edwards never played on Monday night, for what it's worh.

Back
Top Bottom