not intended for smack but..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

not intended for smack but.....

MarinoFan

Ralph Wilson after this season
Reaction score
what the hell is a Packer anyway? They talk crap about our beloved marine mammal, and for the life of me can only think that a Packer is a guy who takes my groceries to my car at Publix.:confused:

Read this MFan

http://www.packers.com/history/

First they talked Curly's employer - a war-time industry called the Indian Packing Company, where he worked as a shipping clerk for $250/month - into putting up money for jerseys.

Because the company provided jerseys and permitted the use of its athletic field for practice, the club was identified in its early publicity as a project of the company. With this tie-in the name "Packers" was a natural, and Packers they have been ever since, although the Indian Packing Co. had practically faded out of the picture before that first season was half over.

I don't know what a "Packer" is, but...

I have to say that the Packers have perhaps the best looking uniform in the NFL. Best colors, too. Just an all around classic look! Very "football".

The ONLY thing that looks totally stupid are the cheeseheads worn by fans. Kinda gross, too. Only other fan "accessory" I think is uglier are the dog masks worn by Browns' fans.

okay, so they pack things. They talk abous us, and our mascot? At least we have a real mascot, like the Bills, Patriots, and yes, even the Jets and all other NFL teams. Their mascot is an advective. Something that describes them. How about next "Let's go Movers" or "Come on Drivers". Maybe next we should name a team the Delivery Guys. Whatever.

BTW Hoov, I think you have way too much time on your hands.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
okay, so they pack things. They talk abous us, and our mascot? At least we have a real mascot, like the Bills, Patriots, and yes, even the Jets and all other NFL teams. Their mascot is an advective. Something that describes them. How about next "Let's go Movers" or "Come on Drivers". Maybe next we should name a team the Delivery Guys. Whatever.

Go Suckers!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

This would perfectly describe the NY Suckers I think. The jets just doesn't describe them well enough.

Re: I don't know what a "Packer" is, but...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
I have to say that the Packers have perhaps the best looking uniform in the NFL. Best colors, too. Just an all around classic look! Very "football".

The ONLY thing that looks totally stupid are the cheeseheads worn by fans. Kinda gross, too. Only other fan "accessory" I think is uglier are the dog masks worn by Browns' fans.

Just wanted to say that as a Packer Fan, I totally 100% agree with you about the stupid Chessehead hats. That is an example of a joke that went way too far and now has become a fad. If you didn't know the whole story behind it, it started with someone in the Bear's organization complaining about "those f'ing cheeseheads from Wisconsin". To mock them, the first cheesehead hats appeared and unfortunately they've never gone away.

As far as the origin of the name Packers, the information in this thread is correct. Similar to the Milwaukee Brewers being named for the people working in the many breweries in Milwaukee. So, if we had a mascot, it would be a butcher type guy (Indian Meat packing) :D

Re: Re: I don't know what a "Packer" is, but...

Originally posted by MGD

As far as the origin of the name Packers, the information in this thread is correct. :D

I hope it's right, it's from your website

I love the Packer uniforms. Nothing was better than watching the Packers at Lambeau in December with Pat Summerall's (when he was still a competent announcer) voice calling the action. Farve, Levans and Co were fun to watch.

My 5 year old son has a cheesehead hat & likes to sneak up on his kindergarden teacher with it on & yell "bite me, you stupid mouse"

Back
Top Bottom