Not looking good fellow DolFans. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not looking good fellow DolFans.

I think most of you are misreading his post. Point is teams like the Jets who have been to the AFC Championship two years in a row have gotten there by being agressive in getting playmakers and it looks like they are doing it again this year. While...Miami is settling for conservative, don't lose the game, type boring players while we continue to lose. Miami shows no signs of taking risks with playmakers that can give hope and excitement to its fans. I agree. The guys on NFL Network yesterday were saming the same thing. They said that Ross wanted exciting playmakers and the FO is not giving him what he wants. This year will be the same old same old 7-9 or 8-8 season unless the FO goes for some playmakers like a Bush, D. Williams, Bradshaw etc.

Only williams looks to be off the market. Bush and Bradshaw are still out there and both supposedly have interest from Miami.

I get the point, but let's wait till these guys are actually off the market before we say Miami isn't aggressive.

Like I said earlier, with Nnamdi it would be like getting upset that we didn't sign Joe Thomas if he was available, No need.

When Sproles/Bush/Bradshaw/ Zack Miller Todd Heap and guys like that are off the market then we can start getting upset. Not when guys like Holmes/Nnamdi/Hasselback etc are reportedly in agreements. We had NO interest in them and didn't need them on this team.

Like many people say, show us the players who are reportedly agreed in princiapal to, that we needed wanted or showed interest in? None of them. We can't get upset with Williams since he obviously wants to stay in Carolina.

I think most of you are misreading his post. Point is teams like the Jets who have been to the AFC Championship two years in a row have gotten there by being agressive in getting playmakers and it looks like they are doing it again this year. While...Miami is settling for conservative, don't lose the game, type boring players while we continue to lose. Miami shows no signs of taking risks with playmakers that can give hope and excitement to its fans. I agree. The guys on NFL Network yesterday were saming the same thing. They said that Ross wanted exciting playmakers and the FO is not giving him what he wants. This year will be the same old same old 7-9 or 8-8 season unless the FO goes for some playmakers like a Bush, D. Williams, Bradshaw etc.

Thank you kind sir, that is exactly what I meant. Well put.

^ biased opinion coming from a jets fan

Nah, it's pretty much a fact for non biased observers.

Well how many guys will the Jets have to cut and how much depth will they have to lose over the years as they have some 30 million dollars of their allotted 120 in 2 players and now ton invested in Holmes. Sanchez and others are going to come up for contract during the life of these contracts and all will want top dollar so before you know it the Jets will have like 90+ million in like 7 players and have to fill out 46 spots with only 30 million dollars.

Good luck with that.

As for Orton he wasnt discarded by the Bears he was involved with a trade which the bears got hosed on big time. All Orton did was go to Denver play on some god awful teams and throw for 3,800 and then roughly 3,700 yards 41 Td's and 21 Int's and the 2nd year he lost B Marshall so i think he is alot better than Henne. If we get a true game manager Qb with this defense who can make some plays and mentor some young QB's I am all for it so long as it is a two year rental with no plans for like super long term.

He put up fantasy stats and denver lost more often than not, Chi was a game away from the SB. It worked out ok for them.

Way too much to spend on a Cb when we're young and good there. I'd love to see us add Todd Heap, Sproles, and either Orton or VY. Wouldn't mind bringing JT back for a year to split time with Misi across from Wake, since there are really no good free agent pass rushers out there. That lets JT retire as a Dolphin and wraps up his career a little better for us all.

Next year we can draft our future franchise QB to develop behind Orton or Young, and find a complementary pass rusher.

yeah I guess signing Marshall and Dansby last year were boring non aggressive moves

U can't stop at signing two guys. The jets signed Jenkins, Holmes, Edwards, LT, lb'er from Baltimore for some reason I'm drawing a blank on his name, list goes on. These r the type of moves a winning team makes. Unless u do excellent thru the draft like GB which obviously the Fins have not done.

This is not looking good. While the Jets, who already have a better team, are resigning Holmes and possibly signing the best free agent and best corner in the league...we are putting out full attention on a cast off QB who has been now discarded by 2 teams. This guy is not an elite QB and will just go down as another bust QB the dolphins have had since Dan.

I really don't want to sound all doom and gloom but these are the facts and I am just so frustrated. This team just seems to be getting worse. Nnamdi and vontae would b a force to b reckoned with imo. I know we have other holes like RB and TE but y sign guys to just fill out a roster rather than signing 1-2 guys that will make a substantial impact. I would lobe to see Todd heap here with Nnamdi and sproles. I mean if ur going to sign someone like orton who imo is not much better than henne, just keep henne and give him a great Target in heap. Now is got weapons.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like you're suggesting the Dolphins should go after Asomugha. If they did, do you really have any idea how many/if any other free agents could sign with the team? CB isn't a question mark on the Dolphins.

U can't stop at signing two guys. The jets signed Jenkins, Holmes, Edwards, LT, lb'er from Baltimore for some reason I'm drawing a blank on his name, list goes on. These r the type of moves a winning team makes. Unless u do excellent thru the draft like GB which obviously the Fins have not done.

It is very rare that a team sign 2 players of that caliber in one offseason. They are both the highest paid in the league at their positions ( or very close to it ). Those were very aggressive moves that don't happen often. Get real

Or you can do well in the draft and in trades/FA like the Jets have done.

My guess is that the OP is saying that the Jets are clearly making moves to improve in a big way, and we don't seem to be doing much, yet. Corner is not one of our biggest needs, I agree.
I think you're crazy. Why would we want to sign a corner when we already have a very good, very young pair with Davis and Smtih. Wouldn't that massive sum of money be better spent on positions of need like QB, RB, and OL?.............or even TE or pash rusher

Sounds like you're suggesting the Dolphins should go after Asomugha. If they did, do you really have any idea how many/if any other free agents could sign with the team? CB isn't a question mark on the Dolphins.

Is CB a question mark for the Jets? No but they r always finding ways to improve and upgrade. Nnamdi would b a huge upgrade over smith. HUGE. As a GM ur job is to always improve. Just bc u need a QB doesn't mean u have to go get one in free agency bc u feel u have to. Nobody will help this team that r available at qb except possibly VY if they wanted to take that big of a chance which I'm guessing no. If there is nobody there, then use the money to upgrade other areas.

I really dont think we have been watching the same Henne. People here are still convinced Henne will pull through and become a good player...He has not shown 1 sign of any promise since hes been here. Granted our last OC sucked, but still Henne could have audible and changed plays at the line, or used his 2 headed monster RBs or gotten the ball to a top 5 WR in the NFL...but no, he didnt do that. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...i honestly dont see Henne doing anything much better then the past few seasons. im tired of having a losing team and not taking risks, we suck @ drafting anyway why not get a proven player who has obviously put up good numbers...considering what Orton has in Denver to what Henne has in Miami, he could be a beast with the weapons he could have here. I have givne up all hope on Henne and know he will never mount to anything....

Back
Top Bottom