Not looking good fellow DolFans. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not looking good fellow DolFans.

Yah great JT signing

We did make the AFC Championship Game and he did make a few big plays for us to help us get there. Remember, that was a low cost, low risk signing so while he wasn't great it wasn't a bad signing.

Can I nominate this thread for "Punch Drunk On Aquaberry Kool-Aid Of The Year Award?!?!" Roflmao Revis sucks? Nmandi is overrated and you don't go get him because we have Sean Charmin Soft Smith who can't cover a in route to save his life!

I agree with you that saying Revis sucks, and Nmandi is overrated is insane, they are two of the best easily, but I disagree with what you you wrote about Smith, yes he is a bit soft (Did a better job of tackling last year though), but he is actually pretty good in coverage for the most part, and even though he does allow receivers to get position on him in a inside route, he doesn't play it horribly either.

He is in position most of the time not to give the receiver anything anything extra, he just needs to be able to knock some of those passes down with those long arms and take a chance time to time with a timed hit on the receiver.

If your saying he is not aggresive enough, I agree that is his biggest weakness along with not being able to catch the INTs, but he does do a good job in coverage, and nose for the ball.

C'mon now, this homerism is getting downright sickening. Earlier in the season last year Sanchez was getting literally trounced by the media, saying he may not be the answer!

Ok come talk to me after free agency and lets see if we improved enough to overtake the Jets and Pats. You win in this league with SUPERSTARS!

You just don't understand, if we always went after the biggest guy in free agency we would turn into the Redskins. They have been the most aggressive team for the past 10 years and oversigned players they shouldn't have, and thats how they are in a big hole.

This is not looking good. While the Jets, who already have a better team, are resigning Holmes and possibly signing the best free agent and best corner in the league...we are putting out full attention on a cast off QB who has been now discarded by 2 teams. This guy is not an elite QB and will just go down as another bust QB the dolphins have had since Dan.

I really don't want to sound all doom and gloom but these are the facts and I am just so frustrated. This team just seems to be getting worse. Nnamdi and vontae would b a force to b reckoned with imo. I know we have other holes like RB and TE but y sign guys to just fill out a roster rather than signing 1-2 guys that will make a substantial impact. I would lobe to see Todd heap here with Nnamdi and sproles. I mean if ur going to sign someone like orton who imo is not much better than henne, just keep henne and give him a great Target in heap. Now is got weapons.

What do you guys think?

Soooo, which QB should they sign this year?

clear.gif

We're going 1-15. At least we're in the Luck sweepstakes. :lol:

Soooo, which QB should they sign this year?

None, none for a starter Salary. That's throwing money down the drain. U don't just sign someone and make him a starter bc of a need. U have to find the "right" guy and if he's not there...move on.

We r going to throw a bunch of money at orton and for what?? U think he's better than henne? And if so how much better? Not that much ill tell u that. We need to spend our money wisely. On difference makers. Not just to plug someone in and hope he does something he hasn't done his entire career for 2 different teams.

All I care about is if the Jets are better than the Dolphins(and the rest of the division and conference) but yes Sanchez is better than orton.

:lol2::lol2: theres noway sanchez is better than orton just because he went to the playoffs dosent mean squat it takes team effort your defence is what got you where you guys was plus with a lil help by other teams by looseing games on purpose very homer talks lmao

None, none for a starter Salary. That's throwing money down the drain. U don't just sign someone and make him a starter bc of a need. U have to find the "right" guy and if he's not there...move on.

We r going to throw a bunch of money at orton and for what?? U think he's better than henne? And if so how much better? Not that much ill tell u that. We need to spend our money wisely. On difference makers. Not just to plug someone in and hope he does something he hasn't done his entire career for 2 different teams.

What the heck do you think free agency is? If a guy is the best at his position, do you think he's expendable? Just b/c someone is available doesn't mean he's worthless

I am praying that you guys sign Vince Young, I really want to see him continue to play. Since the moment he arrived in Tennessee, Jeff Fisher has been constraining him and has shown him no confidence what-so-ever.

Just this past year, Vince was second in the AFC in passer rating until his benching. And the truth behind the meltdown/benching is this. The previous two weeks, Vince had to leave games for a quarter as a result of small nagging injuries, and the following weeks everyone including his coach questioned his toughness. Then the following week he comes out of the game with a finger injury, comes back and wants back in the game to not only win the game for his team but prove he is not a barbie doll quarterback, but despite Vince telling Jeff that he wants back in the game Jeff decided to go with Collins who in turned lost us the game. Earlier in the season, Vince was benched against Pittsburgh after throwing 2 ints against them in his first game against the Steelers and one of them being to the hair man. So Fisher goes with Collins instead of putting confidence in his starter and what does collins do? Goes in and throws 2 ints and a fumble proving.

My point is this, I know that Vince can succeed if he is put into a situation where his coach isnt constantly breathing down his back and afraid that with every pass he may be benched for the AARP spokesman Kerry Collins.

:lol2::lol2: theres noway sanchez is better than orton just because he went to the playoffs dosent mean squat it takes team effort your defence is what got you where you guys was plus with a lil help by other teams by looseing games on purpose very homer talks lmao

It does take a team effort but if your QB can't make plays when they matter most it's hard to win. he played in 2 weak divisions and has never played in a playoff game in his career. he's a QB who will put up nice #s on bad teams but you aren't winning anything w/ him. It would be foolish to trade for him and invest the next few years in him but I hope you do it.

Back
Top Bottom