Not much difference between many of the dolphins starters and backups.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not much difference between many of the dolphins starters and backups..

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
The slow starts in the preseason are indicating this. You can go up and down the roster and come away with the impression that this 1 or 2 is not much better than that 3 or 4. The only place i see a real drop-off is at linebacker. Center and left side of the line.

{tightend} fasano=clay=egnew <---if he gets his head on straight
{All the receivers!}
{Quarterbacks} moore=devlin=thill nobody has pulled ahead!
The right side of the line is giving up sacks and not creating enough holes.

This could be really good news or bad news i am thinking it is bad that we don't have enough clear cut starters..

Feel free to correct me where i am wrong and add your own evaluations.

I hate to say this cause I don't like the guy, but this team would be a whole lot different with Brandon Marshall.

But it's what ever, when they traded him that was telling me that they're going to be in the rebuilding process for 2-3 years. So I'll judge them after we've had 2 more drafts.

We traded BM so we could draft half of an Egnew...
I am glad Ross made some comments to the effect that the GM's job could be in play if he did not produce.
Could the Polians be in Ross's ear?

Philbin and Sherman have to wondering why Ireland has Ross's ear. Sherman was definitely not impressed with the tight ends that he has to work with. Nor was he impressed with the wide recievers. When the tight end coach pointed out the the one guy who couldn't block was a liability, Ireland was quick to defend his choice. That is where the problem is. Ireland can not elvaluate talent.

QB Tannehill showed alot of positives, but still has happy feet (thanks o-line) and hasn't yet learned to look off his intended target. The 2-minute drill at the end of the first half was a microcosm; the one pass was nearly a pick six.

RT J. Martin did look bad, but he's starting in a new position, going against DT Charles Johnson who arguably was in beast mode all game. I'll give him a pass and allow him to develop. Our RG has no excuses.

TE Michael Egnew needs to focus and live up to his potential; otherwise it's another wasted 3rd round pick. TE Fasano is feast or famine, but he's by far the best tight end we have. TE Clay is nowhere.

WR, I agree. No one stepped up. WR Legedu Naanee was freaking invisible all damn game. WR Pruitt flashed a bit against the 2nd and 3rd teamers, as did WR R.Wallace. Looks like it's going to be a steady diet of WR D.Bess and WR B.Hartline when he's healthy. These wideouts are mostly garbage.

Defense was missing three starters, but LB G Guyton couldn't cover worth a damn. CB Vontae Davis is playing himself off the team. LB Koa Misi is a liability in pass protection.

Bright spots: DT P.Soliai, CB S.Smith, TE C.Hogan again showed ability to separate and make a few catches. WR Davone Bess was unspectacular and solid

In my opinion, this all comes from the o-line being horrible. Left side looks good, but the right side is an abomination until RT J Martin gets starts under his belt and we quit effing around with everyone else's castoffs.

This is the biggest problem right now we have with our roster. We have it filled with 2s,3s, and 4s hoping someone will step up. Take Hicks who is a clear backup who should never start. Vet guy to keep around who could fill in during the game in a pinch. Our WRs and Safeties are a bunch of 3rd teamers trying to pass as starters. I have high hopes and expectations and yes this is just the preseason but its very clear backups who are inconsistent are backups for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom