Not Panic, just Logic and Facts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Panic, just Logic and Facts

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We will sign other corners just to practice if for no other reason. I think the so called panic you guys point to that are not alarmed is panic to an extent, but not completely unfounded. Not many on this board are very confident with Edwards and Howard. This exposed that lack of confidence in a big way. Now there will be a need for both. One will likely have to start. That is a less than comforting thought.

Lee2000

Lee2000 said:
We will sign other corners just to practice if for no other reason. I think the so called panic you guys point to that are not alarmed is panic to an extent, but not completely unfounded. Not many on this board are very confident with Edwards and Howard. This exposed that lack of confidence in a big way. Now there will be a need for both. One will likely have to start. That is a less than comforting thought.

Lee2000
I think the biggest problem is that so far this year everything has ran pretty smoothly, but now we got hit with a bomb tonight. Even last year we didn't suffer season ending injuries in MAY. I know we will now sign another veteran CB, but it is so sad to see such a promising CB get hurt over two months before TC even starts.

At least this happened early, before all of training camp was over, and before all the preseason games were over. Now whoever is going to be number 2, is going to get a lot of starter training instead of having to learn a new position a week before the season starts.

This is early, we have plenty of time to find a starter.

Nublar, you are right on with carryover from last season

This panic is more about anticipation of more to come than anything else. This is "what is around the corner" fear that was strongly reinforced in the season from hell last year. The Dolphins are short on corners anyway. They were probably going to sign some guys before the injury. Just curious about who they may be. Maybe Green, who was at rookie camp.

Lee2000

I hope Howard is our starter. I don't want him playing nickel again.

byroan said:
I hope Howard is our starter. I don't want him playing nickel again.
Howard has to now be the favorite to be the starter. All those PFT rumors of him possibly being cut for Cap relief just went out the window.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that daniels is the starter. He already has more experience in the saban defense than anybody here, and with saban looking to the long term picture, I bet he starts getting some of the younger guys on the field and lets them cut thier teeth, so that they can be ready to do some damage next year.

Everyone relax, good ole #21 has our backs. (that rhymed.)

He knows the scheme and is a very good player.

clear.gif

one thing i will apologize for... was dissing Howard.... he is a capable corner, and if we get to the quarterback in 3-4 seconds on every play anyway, do we NEED two pro bowlers at corner? does any team?

i, for one, wish Taylor would embrace OLB... imagine Roth and Taylor pinching from the edges (rotated with Seau to keep him fresh), Zach and Crowder manning the middle (rotated with Seau to keep him fresh :D ) ... it is time dolphins fans get excited about the potential of this linebacking corps, and the scheme they will run... linebackers (tacklers) win for you in the NFL... the dolphins brass haven't understood that priority in far, far too long ... we are now deep deep deep at the position... thankfully... i LOVE the LBs... you should love em too...

can not WAIT for madden '06!!!!!!!!... on a side note, who plays? (and don't say ESPN 2k5 is better, please)

Atleast we have the cap space to go out and add a vet corner if that is what Saban decides to do. This is a loss, but it doesnt end our season. And I love Madden cant wait for the next edition so I can dominate the league with Ronnie Brown

I don't know why everyone is so alrmed either. It's not like Poole was a proven player to begin with. I think he will be good when he gets back, but we don't even know if he was going to end up the #2 CB anyway. It's a plus these days to have GREAT CB's it is not a requirement.

Plus it's not like we were contending this year or anything. :(

ohall said:
I don't know why everyone is so alrmed either. It's not like Poole was a proven player to begin with. I think he will be good when he gets back, but we don't even know if he was going to end up the #2 CB anyway. It's a plus these days to have GREAT CB's it is not a requirement.

Plus it's not like we were contending this year or anything. :(

I agree with the contending part, unfortunately (I've strangely been doing that alot lately). The bummer here is that Poole is a young corner who blew out his knee. There is no guarantee at all, that he will come back as the same player with the same potential.

Lee2000 said:

Lee2000

I think the issue is lack of depth, not necessarily lack of a starting quality CB...Howard is a former starter and will probably be the heir apparent, at least going into camp. He was played out of position, for him, last year and had a poor year and has turned some people off. He really can be a quality starter for us, he might have even turned out as the starter had Poole not gotten hurt...the issue is depth...

I think Daniels will be used more as a safety, given his weaknesses at this level. That leaves Edwards and Howard as our "depth", other than a few camp fodder guys...Roundtree showed some things, but is coming of injury...

Personally, I hope we do not go after Law...First, I thought he was overrated at NE (great system for CBs) and second he is coming off a major injury (broken foot) for a CB. There are bound to be guys available with the June 1 cuts that can fill in for depth for another year.

So, for now, we are waiting for June 1 to see who will be out there...

ermmmm.... i'm really sorry... but anyone who actually says Ty Law was overrated has a serious problem identifying NFL talent...

overrated compared to whom? a user-made 99 guy across the board on Madden? come on... i know you didn't actually mean that...

Ty Law isn't overrated but if you use Madden as your measuring stick you need to watch more football.

Back
Top Bottom