Not Point In Mocking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Point In Mocking

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

There is no point at this time in doing mock drafts most everyone understands that team needs before the draft change do to what teams can address in FA.

Take Arizona lets say the rumors are true and Edge leaves the Colts well if the cards add James in FA they dont need a back in the draft.

Plus most everyone making a mock tries even sub consciencely to have the draft fall in favor of a player going to a particular team they like i.e. Cutler to miami.

So while they are fun to a degree they are pointless this early.

Well it is pointless, But I spent over an hour doing my mock cause its fun to talk about and interesting to get people's opinion.

Skeet84 said:
Well it is pointless, But I spent over an hour doing my mock cause its fun to talk about and interesting to get people's opinion.

So true. I've almost completed my four round mock.

That would be some **** if your mock draft was exactly right.

they may be pointless, but so is talking about a football team on the internet....it's all about fun.

Yeah no one really puts too much stock in them, but they're fun to do and its something to talk about. Plus if you make your mock now you get feedback and make observations and its easier to tweak it here and there when it gets closer rather than just starting from scratch.

It just give us something to talk about while there're no games right now....everyone should know that things will change after free agency but we just love talking about posible players for our team....is all we got right now.

Ozzy rules!!

Plus if you make your mock now you get feedback and make observations and its easier to tweak it here and there when it gets closer rather than just starting from scratch.

Exactly. First rounds of mocks are easy as hell now & can be done in 5-10 because of all the thought people have put into it. It takes a little longer to do the subsequent rounds.

zodiak said:
Dolfans

There is no point at this time in doing mock drafts most everyone understands that team needs before the draft change do to what teams can address in FA.

Take Arizona lets say the rumors are true and Edge leaves the Colts well if the cards add James in FA they dont need a back in the draft.

Plus most everyone making a mock tries even sub consciencely to have the draft fall in favor of a player going to a particular team they like i.e. Cutler to miami.

So while they are fun to a degree they are pointless this early.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that we're wasting ours. Can you let the folks at ESPN, NFL Network and the dozens of NFL Draft websites that get thousands of hits per day know that this is pointless too? I'm sure, just like us, that they don't realize it yet.

Who cares if people are interested in other's current draft projections. If there isn't a point to it then it must stop!

Now back to the stuff that does have a point... like discussing how many first round picks teams are going to throw at us for Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom