Not so fast, things aren't as bad as they seem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not so fast, things aren't as bad as they seem

MRPRESIDENT50

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In yesterday's game, people need to understand that the Dolphins went against EASILY a top 3 defense in the NFL, as well as a highly talented offensive team. If you take away the 4 turnovers, and the 20 points on turnovers, it's a 10-10 game. The Dolphins did a great job of moving down the field, as well as, stopping the Texanss from moving down the field when they didn't start at our 30 yard line.

Turnovers are something that Ryan Tannehill will grow out of. The batted balls at the line are something that he will learn to avoid with coaching. Also, keep in mind our head coach is QB guru Joe Philbin. Once Tannehill gets familiarity with WRs Brian Hartline and Anthony Armstrong, he will have faith in more players than just Davone Bess. Reggie Bush seems to be vintage Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas seems to be coming into his own this weekend. With Marcus Thigpen and our special teams looking good, the Dolphins have a bright future.

Playing a Super Bowl contender in Week 1, with a brand new coach staff, broad new offense, and receving corps, isn't ideal. Nor was the outcome. But, I see the Dolphins as being in a great position to exceed in the future. And possibly being able to beat the Texans if they played again in week 17.

The glass is half full, Dolphans, not half empty.

I don't think it's right to conclude it would of been a 10-10 game if we didnt' have the turnovers. Houston really went into "run out the clock" mode because once they got up they knew we couldn't score the points needed to get back into the game. We were outclassed and on the road . . . this was a game Miami was suppose to lose and it played out about how I expected it.

This is still not a very good team, but its always good to take positives from the Fins . . . and there were some to be found on Sunday.

I agree, people are acting like we HAD A CHANCE to win anyways. I knew this was going to be a tough game, and like you said take away those 3 consecutive TOs so close to the red zone and we go into half time tied or maybe even up. Tannehill will learn from his mistakes and our D will only get better.Im not worried, nor do I feel like we need to start Moore, Tannehill has no weapons and has little confidence in them at this point. That will change.

I don't think it's right to conclude it would of been a 10-10 game if we didnt' have the turnovers. Houston really went into "run out the clock" mode because once they got up they knew we couldn't score the points needed to get back into the game. We were outclassed and on the road . . . this was a game Miami was suppose to lose and it played out about how I expected it.

This is still not a very good team, but its always good to take positives from the Fins . . . and there were some to be found on Sunday.

Well, also with the way the ST was forcing the texans to start each drive inside the 15, if the Texans did not get those turnovers, they would have had to continually finish on very long drives if they wanted to score, and that would eventually work in favor of Miami with the way the defense was looking. The Texans did not look good until the momentum of those turnovers turned that game around.

Back
Top Bottom