Not so terrible bad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not so terrible bad

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks. And hurts. Another shitty Monday….

Having had time to think about it (and sober up, heh heh) last night wasn’t the disaster that it seems, and this isn’t me trying to feel better.

You go up against what I hear tell is the best damn D line in the NFL, you’re gonna get knocked around. Throw in the fact that our O line is much improved but still finding their groove doesn’t help.

And that’s our full strength O line, which we certainly didn’t have. So, we got knocked around….BUT….

Tua didn’t get racked up. Big positive.

D did OK. Not great, but better than what I anticipated against what I heard was a hot rod offense…..

Which we are as well. WITH a full strength line. Without it, we’re screwed. No run game, no pass game.

And playing in Philly? Jesus guys, this is the town that celebrates a Super Bowl victory by burning itself to the ground. Bunch of assholes. Hostile? Uh, yeah…

Yeah, we got hosed by the refs. Yeah, missing critical players…

But we could have done better even with all the adversity. I’m thinking all hands from McD on down get to take a big bite of a healthy shitburger today, mighty humbling.

And that is the biggest plus of all. Time to quit the bullshit choreography in the end zone, playing up to the crowd, and get serious.

I too am butt hurt but realize we were within yards of tying the game in the 4th with all the adversity we were facing. Maybe it's a bit of an excuse but if we take care of business from here on out this game will be meaningless. I am most upset about Eich and the center depth. This was a major brain fart in setting up this team. Grier needs to get someone more capable as well as a LB/cb (those receivers ate our lunch and I don't think X will ever be the same guy) by the trade deadline. Tell Tindall to pack his **** because it's way past the learning phase for him considering he cannot sniff plays when it counts.

IMO, there is a lot of parallels between this game and the Barfalo game. We gave up a quick lead, battled back somewhat, and then made mistakes that cost us what I like to call "dual points". That's where you turn the ball over either in your own territory, or near the opponents goal line resulting in points lost for us, that they cash in on. It's easy to pile on at that point, ask Denver. We have to eliminate those most costly gaffes. I think it's a product of both coaching style and pressure on a desperate Tua to make a play, IMO.

I have faith, the thing I was worried about the most was our defense, they played much better than they have, even without X and Jalen. Our dline played just about as well as you can ask. We were missing 5 of our best players and had 3 backup o-lineman against arguably the best dline in the league. Yeah we definetly made mistakes but this is still a team growing and getting better with all of the same goals in front of em. Lets see what this team looks like with Connor, Terron, Jalen, X , and Achane back. Even if we can get terron and Connor back before KC. I think we will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom