Not the best comparison but ... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not the best comparison but ...

D Smith would be great in zone but against man I dunno he is 175 lbs. Smith really needs to gain some muscle mass or he will be man handled at the LOS. Our WR's were near the bottom of the list this year in being able to create separation between themselves and coverage. Grant was able to create the most separation. Scroll to the bottom thats where Gesicki and Parker are listed as 3rd and 2nd to last. WR Separation

Which player would you say has accomplished anything in the NFL...and which one hasn’t?
I don't understand what that has to do with what was said. No one said Brady's career was garbage or his accomplishes were garbage. They said Brady's 2019 season was garbage. Just like they said Tua's rookie year was garbage.

I don't understand what that has to do with what was said. No one said Brady's career was garbage or his accomplishes were garbage. They said Brady's 2019 season was garbage. Just like they said Tua's rookie year was garbage.
But Brady’s year wasn’t garbage...that is one point. Second point....Brady has earned the benefit of the doubt, Tua has not!

That's why I chose to say deserves instead of earned. Not many rookies come out looking like All Pro's, some start off slow.
Yes, perhaps equating deserved, and earned was not good phrasing on my part.

Tua in a 16 game season was on pace for 20 TDs and 9 ints as a rookie and people say he's garbage. I suspect Russian bots are responsible for the negativity.
Only stupid people say that. They’re also the same morons talking about trading our draft for D Watson.

It's not a bad comparison b/c their production was on a similar pace and b/c of their similar processing. The people who can't see it don't seem to understand QB evaluation. When you evaluate a QB what you're looking at is his process. Is he doing the right things? Is he going through his progressions quickly and correctly? Are his decisions correct? Is his accuracy and timing where they need to be? You don't just look at results or at spectacular throws. I love Fitz but his process was shaky and inconsistent. He would take big risks. Sometimes they paid off and sometimes they didn't. That was why he was "FitzMagic" and "FitzTragic".

Brady has accomplished so much, in large part b/c his process and accuracy have been so consistent (relative to most NFL starters). But even Brady struggled when he had no weapons. To expect Tua to excel with the weapons he too often had last season was simply not reasonable. Obviously it makes no sense to wait until Tua has been in the league for 15 years to decide if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's a useless fan perspective. An evaluator will look at Tua's process. What's he doing well and what would he need to improve. And reality is that most of Tua's process is really good. He gets the ball out quickly and accurately to the open guy at a very high rate (relative to most NFL starters). But his decision-making on when to throw to guys who aren't open needs to improve. He also needs to just understand the offense better. Reality is that just giving him more open targets (even with no development on his part) would drastically improve his production. Add in some reasonably expected development and the potential is ridiculously high.

It's not a bad comparison b/c their production was on a similar pace and b/c of their similar processing. The people who can't see it don't seem to understand QB evaluation. When you evaluate a QB what you're looking at is his process. Is he doing the right things? Is he going through his progressions quickly and correctly? Are his decisions correct? Is his accuracy and timing where they need to be? You don't just look at results or at spectacular throws. I love Fitz but his process was shaky and inconsistent. He would take big risks. Sometimes they paid off and sometimes they didn't. That was why he was "FitzMagic" and "FitzTragic".

Brady has accomplished so much, in large part b/c his process and accuracy have been so consistent (relative to most NFL starters). But even Brady struggled when he had no weapons. To expect Tua to excel with the weapons he too often had last season was simply not reasonable. Obviously it makes no sense to wait until Tua has been in the league for 15 years to decide if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's a useless fan perspective. An evaluator will look at Tua's process. What's he doing well and what would he need to improve. And reality is that most of Tua's process is really good. He gets the ball out quickly and accurately to the open guy at a very high rate (relative to most NFL starters). But his decision-making on when to throw to guys who aren't open needs to improve. He also needs to just understand the offense better. Reality is that just giving him more open targets (even with no development on his part) would drastically improve his production. Add in some reasonably expected development and the potential is ridiculously high.
Great post. I don't know if fans are old enough to remember how bad Steve Young looked in Tampa Bay. Had he not been traded to San Francisco, Young likely would have been considered a bust.

The 49ers were absolutely loaded at the skill positions and Young became a Hall of Famer. Not dismissing that Young had the talent, but you've got to have talent around the quarterback.

Great post. I don't know if fans are old enough to remember how bad Steve Young looked in Tampa Bay. Had he not been traded to San Francisco, Young likely would have been considered a bust.

The 49ers were absolutely loaded at the skill positions and Young became a Hall of Famer. Not dismissing that Young had the talent, but you've got to have talent around the quarterback.
Young was arguably one of the best QBs ever for his short starting stretch in SF. And yes, he was certainly considered a bust in Tampa.

Last year Tom Brady looked like garbage. No weapons. Receivers would not play on most teams. Did have a great running game, and o-line was ok. This year 40 TDs and looks like he can play a few more years. He finally has weapons again. Tua is throwing to guys that would not start/play on most NFL teams. We neeeeeeed to get Smith at 3 or trade back a little and take Chase/Waddle or I would love Pitts. I know we have Geisecki but Pitts will be a match up nightmare. Heś a bigger/faster Kelce.

I would target St Brown/Rondale Moore the 1B or 2A.
Let’s not act like we don’t have any playmakers. Mike Gesicki is one of the best receiving TEs in the NFL, Devante Parker has proved he can be a big time player. I don’t think it’s a strength but it’s nowhere near as bad as NEs

Back
Top Bottom