Not the consensus top pick... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not the consensus top pick...

What games were you watching last year? It was our offense that kept us in games, while our defense let the other teams march right on down the field in no time.

And most of our defensive issues can be attributed to injuries, Wilson, rookies (inexperience), or something that's already been addressed (Wilson getting cut and Dansby getting signed). Of course FS needs addressed, but the other issues on D are going to get better with time (experience and health). And, I realize we need D-Line help too. But, we're talking priorities here. And, FS wouldn't be as high if we had someone other than Clemons. Time isn't going to fix our WR issue. I think a guy like Berry would be awesome and he would plug a hole, I just think we have a much bigger hole at WR. Our Offense did keep us in games, but they didn't convert the most important plays that could have won games. Plays that only the top 10-15 WRs make. I think Thomas can be that WR. I think he can be a top 5 and that's why I've lobbied for him with the 12th.

And most of our defensive issues can be attributed to injuries, Wilson, rookies (inexperience), or something that's already been addressed (Wilson getting cut and Dansby getting signed). Of course FS needs addressed, but the other issues on D are going to get better with time (experience and health). And, I realize we need D-Line help too. But, we're talking priorities here. And, FS wouldn't be as high if we had someone other than Clemons. Time isn't going to fix our WR issue. I think a guy like Berry would be awesome and he would plug a hole, I just think we have a much bigger hole at WR. Our Offense did keep us in games, but they didn't convert the most important plays that could have won games. Plays that only the top 10-15 WRs make. I think Thomas can be that WR. I think he can be a top 5 and that's why I've lobbied for him with the 12th.
Better with time? We have no starter at FS. No starter at SOLB, and possibly WOLB. So how does our defense get better with time, but our WR's won't? Makes no sense if you ask me. And a career bench player starting at the most important position in a 3-4. I absolutely love Bebe Thomas, anyone can tell you that, but to say offense is the weak link of our team is ludicrous based on the obvious fact that it's not.

this kid at #12 imo is a joke...not a chance in this world i'd use that high a pick on him with that many on tape question marks...

he's inconsistant. plain and simple and you always have to wonder about work ethic/character to take it to the next level. If we took him at 12 we would be put up there with Bey in Oakland.

Better with time? We have no starter at FS. No starter at SOLB, and possibly WOLB. So how does our defense get better with time, but our WR's won't? Makes no sense if you ask me. And a career bench player starting at the most important position in a 3-4. I absolutely love Bebe Thomas, anyone can tell you that, but to say offense is the weak link of our team is ludicrous based on the obvious fact that it's not.

It doesn't make sense because apparently you need it spelled it out for you. "Better with time" refers to the young players drafted last year and the year before that with experience will get more consistent. I.e. Smith, Davis, and Wake. These guys have shown they have a higher ceiling but need to be more consistent. I'm convinced our WRs will never be more than what they've shown and that's not enough. There are also FA FSs out there, like Sharper, who could be plugged in for a year or two. Then draft a top FS next year. This is a pass happy league. If you don't have the WRs to keep up then you're WRs are your top priority. Once you get a true #1 WR then you can fill holes on D. I think Berry, Thomas, McClain, Suh, or McCoy would fill holes, I'm just one of the guys saying WR is a higher priority. And I think Demaryious Thomas would do so much more for our offense than just catch the ball. I like DT more than DB because I think Bryant is a bigger "diva" than Thomas, and I think Thomas blocks better. Both are very athletic, gifted, and feared playmakers.

I would have to consider not watching football next year if we took him in the first (not really), but he to me is not worth a high first. He's an unproven route runner, enough said.

Hmmm...looks like Gosselin thinks so too. :)

It doesn't make sense because apparently you need it spelled it out for you. "Better with time" refers to the young players drafted last year and the year before that with experience will get more consistent. I.e. Smith, Davis, and Wake. These guys have shown they have a higher ceiling but need to be more consistent. I'm convinced our WRs will never be more than what they've shown and that's not enough. There are also FA FSs out there, like Sharper, who could be plugged in for a year or two. Then draft a top FS next year. This is a pass happy league. If you don't have the WRs to keep up then you're WRs are your top priority. Once you get a true #1 WR then you can fill holes on D. I think Berry, Thomas, McClain, Suh, or McCoy would fill holes, I'm just one of the guys saying WR is a higher priority. And I think Demaryious Thomas would do so much more for our offense than just catch the ball. I like DT more than DB because I think Bryant is a bigger "diva" than Thomas, and I think Thomas blocks better. Both are very athletic, gifted, and feared playmakers.

Look who’s still playing at a high level and who can’t get a job.

*Drags up 8-year old thread to say look who is playing at a high level when player hasn't played at a high level in years*

3B7DD3C6-ECCB-4613-AF91-1FC8EB93CD13.jpeg

83, 949, 5 isn’t 1600 but dang, it’s still pretty darn good compared to Bryant. Especially the last couple years and a better overall career. Just trying to have some fun with old posts.

Last edited:
56916b593f5310844c98883399c1be33423a5689_hq.gif

Back
Top Bottom