Note to new OC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Note to new OC

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Note to new OC: add the stretch play to our O ! I am so jealous watching Brady and Manning and others run the stretch play, but not seeing Ricky get the chance to get outside on the D. I love that play, especially when get the D keying on Ricky and have a mobile QB who can pull the ball back in and throw it long to Chambers or over the middle to McMichael. To me, it is one of the top 2-3 running plays any team can have and we as a hardcore running team never had it.

Hopefully that will change w/o Norv

Thats what Im talkin about. Use some imagination to get the Defense thinking. It was basic with Norv, he didnt make defenses pay for selling out! The new OC should learn from Norvs mistakes...............................Like I do from watchin' COPS! HaHa J/K

How could we add the stretch play when the opposing D was in Miami's backfield as soon as the QB handed the ball off to RW?

The stretch play takes time to develop and the last thing that RW had was time...he was fighting off tacklers before he crossed the line of scrimmage.

You also need athletic lineman to run the stretch play...the lineman on Miami looked like they had cement shoes on this season.

We need new 0-lineman before we could successfully run that play!!!

But I see your point and

Go Fins!!!!

Just develop plays that work, more plays that eat up clock, and more Play-Action Fakes. CHOOSE PLAYS WISELY. Don't run every time on 1st down, don't throw everytime on 3rd down. etc.

Or throw every time on first and 10 and run on second and 6. Which is what Norv did in one of those late games that we lost, dont remember exactly which one, but we had a good time on the floor laughin at Norv that day!

If we have the ball late in the game, then RUN, RUN, Pass. Especially we we are in our own 20YL. If not, RUN, RUN, RUN waste time, punt, and play defense. Losing games because of poor clock management pisses me off to no end.

Originally posted by chambers84
If we have the ball late in the game, then RUN, RUN, Pass. Especially we we are in our own 20YL. If not, RUN, RUN, RUN waste time, punt, and play defense. Losing games because of poor clock management pisses me off to no end.

What, you don't want pass, pass, pass?? Didn't that work against New England in Dec '02?? Oh, wait.....

Back
Top Bottom