Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head

danmarinofan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
BECK, John 45-26-2 317 2 27 4

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
QUINN, B. 41-32-0 467 6 44 1

Russell got drafted above Quinn after Russell outplayed Quinn in the Sugar Bowl.

so what are you saying... are you creating yet another thread to to hate on the pick we made... the 147 other ones weren't good enough?

What you are not considering is the defense both QB's played against. What would Beck's #'s have been if he were playing for ND?

What you are not considering is the defense both QB's played against. What would Beck's #'s have been if he were playing for ND?

I forgot Notre Dame is known for having a great defense.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

Mods close this REPEAT thread already! Forget Quinn its done and over with. Lets back Beck! Hes our QB now

This is probably the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. How does this prove anything. Look at notre dame and byu. Notre dame is one of the most prestige schools in the history of college football. If you're a player coming out of college which would you choose? So many things come into play when you're trying to compare a player from each team. Notre dame has the better team all around. We will see which was the right choice in due time.

it doesnt prove anything. wake up look at the d quinn was against. beck had nothing to work with and still had better numbers

Heres a video of them 2 going against each other. Enjoy!:tongue:

[youtube]QQdUrSuMw_c[/youtube]

DanMarinofan, as a BYU fan, I got to admit that BYU's defense that year was a JOKE. Especially the secondary. Keep in mind the year before basically half of our secondary was in a rape scandal and were no longer with the team. Add in some injuries to some starters and then you have non-scholorship players going up against Smardjia(sp?) and ND's other weapons.

Like an above poster said, if you are going to place so much importance on stats and not look at everything, then Beck's career stats are better than Quinn's.

No one can say at this point who'll be better in the NFL. I hope and think Beck will. But that BYU-ND game two years ago will have nothing to do with it I can assure you.

K

Using that Logic we beat the Bears in 85-being their only loss so we were a better team. Except that they won the Super Bowl by Creaming the Pats who knocked the crap out of us in the playoffs 31-14. PLease lets let them play some games in the NFL 1st.:err:

Back
Top Bottom