Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head

:sidelol: You lovestruck Quinn-loving little girls need to snap out of it. You guys are making Brady Quinn the Sanjaya Malakar of the NFL.

Hey, DMfan....the QBs from Utah and BC had great games against BYs defense, too. What does that have to do with Beck again?

Oh, I remember. You are still upset that Russell out performed you baby-squeeze Quinn in the Sugar Bowl.

JRs performance in that game earned him the praise which elevated his status, not who was playing QB for the oppenent.

His passes all led his WRs, he moved well, he threw bullets, and he led LSU with great poise. Those things, along with unheard of physical talents, are what made JR the first pick.

Alot of teams, (including Cleveland) passed on Brady. Dallas even thought Clevelands next years #1 pick was worth more than Quinn.

So give it a break already. Brady Quinn was mid to low first round talent (he reminds me of Rick Mirer or Row Powlus).

Those of you in love with him need to deal with it.

Maybe you should have watched Powlus and Mirer play, it might help you out.

Even though I rarely watch much Notre Dame football, I had a fairly good impression of Brady Quinn. I thought he did a pretty good job at Notre Dame. I thought he'd turn out pretty good because he was coached by Tom Brady's old coach, Charlie Weis and so forth.

Then, came the Sugar Bowl. Notre Dame got crushed by LSU. Brady Quinn and Notre Dame looked like they were a college team playing an NFL team or something. JaMarcus Russell clearly stole the show and upstaged Quinn.

Then, the thing that really turned me off was Brady Quinn in his interviews in April. Waay to much "look at me, I'm great, I should be picked #1 overall". The other guys did that a little but Brady Quinn went way overboard with his "I'm the greatest" campaign. I don't recall Matt Leinart, Vince Young or Jay Cutler doing that sort of thing at last year's draft.

Then, just watching him on TV at the draft. Jeez. I would be a little embarrassed if I were a Notre Dame fan. He looked pretty dorky with the hair and the girlfriend and all that. He said some dumb things when they interviewed him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V5pIBJW8j4

Maybe I was a little bit dorky when I was his age, but I would try a lot harder to NOT be like that on national TV. He better learn to think before he speaks in his interviews in the NFL. Those reporters and camera crews are waiting to pounce like a pack of hyenas. He better learn how to deal with that spotlight. :shakeno:

:sidelol: wow:rolleyes2

I forgot Notre Dame is known for having a great defense.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

What's laughable is what you just said. You're comparing one game and saying it proves one guy is better then the other.

Aren't the defenses different? Couldn't one of them be having a "game of their life" or just a "bad game"?

Blah, this is such a tired subject

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

Did you watch this game?

I did, that BYU team was terrible compared to ND and it didn't have much of anything to do with Quinn or Beck.

I've never seen so many dropped passes, especially by Beck's #1 target at the time (Todd Watkins) who dropped two sure fire TD's at least. That game still depresses me because ND was a much better team and we still could have beat them if not for some LOUSY defense and poor receiving.

:sidelol: Im laughing alright but its at a single game comparison. :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom