Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head

I have an idea... lets look forward and stop letting the few that keep looking back piss us off with their what if, what could have been comments. One thing is certain, as much as you piss and moan about the past it changes nothing! Part of being a fan is having faith, all out belief that they are making the right choices and leading our team in the right direction. Its a take it or leave it scenario... true fans dont sit on the fence!

This is probably the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. How does this prove anything. Look at notre dame and byu. Notre dame is one of the most prestige schools in the history of college football. If you're a player coming out of college which would you choose? So many things come into play when you're trying to compare a player from each team. Notre dame has the better team all around. We will see which was the right choice in due time.

Scouts said Russell was better than Quinn based on the Sugar Bowl. Using that logic Quinn is head and shoulders above Beck. The boy wonder Beck could only put up a lousy 23 points with 2 picks against a lousy ND defense. Who was more accurate?

danmarinofan - You are an idiot..... You don't compare a team that is nationally ranked that brings a lot of top prospect against a team that I could of played corner for. Unfortunately I do not live in Miami, but I have lived in three cites my whole life. All three with NFL teams that I never rooted for. You are one of those ******* fans that knows nothing about football and only what you see in the paper. I bet your that guy who walks around with his dolphins jersey making a fool out of yourself by guaranteeing we will win the superbowl EVERY year. Here is why Beck is a fin and not Quinn... Beck is smart, Quinn is not.

seriously dan marino fan. as already pointed out to you.. beck played against a much better D, and with a lot less weapons on offense. also pointed out to you is Beck's career stats are better than Quinns in all catergories Yards, TDS and completion %. Beck is going to be a great quarterback. One game worth of stats does not mean diddly. Seriuosly Just Relax!

DanMarinofan, as a BYU fan, I got to admit that BYU's defense that year was a JOKE. Especially the secondary. Keep in mind the year before basically half of our secondary was in a rape scandal and were no longer with the team. Add in some injuries to some starters and then you have non-scholorship players going up against Smardjia(sp?) and ND's other weapons.

Like an above poster said, if you are going to place so much importance on stats and not look at everything, then Beck's career stats are better than Quinn's.

No one can say at this point who'll be better in the NFL. I hope and think Beck will. But that BYU-ND game two years ago will have nothing to do with it I can assure you.

Forget Quinn's 467 yards and 6 TD's. What did Beck do against a poor ND defense? ND didn't win 49-48. They took BYU to the wood shed.

I forgot Notre Dame is known for having a great defense.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

2006 pats 0 dolphins 21

Bardy 12-25 78y 0td 0int 55.1 raiting

Harrington 18-30 190y 1td 0int 89.8 rating

Joey Harrington is better than Brady and will always be

I am a big Jay Cutler fan. Vanderbilt didn't have a lot of talent, but Cutler gave the Gators a game and beat the Vols. Florida and the Vols have more talent than Vanderbilt.

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
BECK, John 45-26-2 317 2 27 4

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
QUINN, B. 41-32-0 467 6 44 1

Here's a stat to show you that this means NOTHING.

Marino, Dan 25-11-1TD 95yds 2int 20 long

vs.

Fiedler, Jay 11-07-2TD 172yds 1int 70 long

Now YOU tell us who is the better QB?

2006 pats 0 dolphins 21

Bardy 12-25 78y 0td 0int 55.1 raiting

Harrington 18-30 190y 1td 0int 89.8 rating

Joey Harrington is better than Brady and will always be

clear.gif

I think scouts waste time watching too much tape, they should just look at the 1 head to head game from 2005 instead

too bad Quinn didn't play against Beck in highschool, we would have gotten even better info

Back
Top Bottom