Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head

UMM.. you are wrong most of the scouts had beck higher. Guess you need to do some more reading.

can you post the ratings of scouts who had Beck higher, I'd like to read these reports. thanks in advance. Though I think you're going to have a difficult time proving that most scouts had Beck ahead of Quinn.

seriously dan marino fan. as already pointed out to you.. beck played against a much better D, and with a lot less weapons on offense. also pointed out to you is Beck's career stats are better than Quinns in all catergories Yards, TDS and completion %. Beck is going to be a great quarterback. One game worth of stats does not mean diddly. Seriuosly Just Relax!

Really?

Quinn = 95 Tds 11762 yards
Beck = 79 Tds 11021 yards

Beck's completion percentage is higher, 61 to 57.4

What you are not considering is the defense both QB's played against. What would Beck's #'s have been if he were playing for ND?

probably no better than Quinn's but of course Beck was not a big enough recruit to play for Notre Dame.

These head to head stats dont matter because ND definately had more talent on that offense than what Beck had on BYU's offense

probably no better than Quinn's but of course Beck was not a big enough recruit to play for Notre Dame.

For sure because if he wasnt recruited by the GREAT Notre Dame then he must suck right?? Genius argument buddy. It has nothing to do with the fact that Beck wanted to go to BYU or maybe that he went on a 2 year mission right after high school. Great analysis and support of a player on your team. You are one of the most predictable posters on this board .. negative negative negative

john beck is the dolphins qb, quinn is the browns qb if you want quinn go watch cleveland

some threads are amazing and some posters just won't stop posting things that don't matter...get over it people...Beck is OUR QB and I'm rooting for him.

Ozzy rules!!

I forgot Notre Dame is known for having a great defense.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

:rolleyes2

You certainly did prove it there!

ZooBooMafu!

Beck was recruited by USC and 2 other big name schools(i don't remember) and the reason he went to BYU is because they were the only school he wanted to go to that allowed him to go on his mission and still get a scholarship.

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
BECK, John 45-26-2 317 2 27 4

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
QUINN, B. 41-32-0 467 6 44 1

Russell got drafted above Quinn after Russell outplayed Quinn in the Sugar Bowl.

I was at the 2003, 2004 and 2005 BYU vs. ND games and rewatched the games later on tape. BYU's D in 2005 was just plain horrible. BYU's pass D was ranked about 100th according to http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats...assing&sort=1115&conference=I-A_all&year=2005 . In comparing supporting casts, ND had 2 O skill players go in the first day of the 2006 draft and should have had another skill player in 2007 but Jeff S. decided to play baseball. Almost every QB that faced BYU that season had career days vs. the BYU D.

There is a reason Quinn set several ND records vs. BYU that day. BYU's D and the secondary were just plain horrible. IF you had watched the game instead of just pulling the stat sheets, you would also know that at least 2 or 3 wide open long gain or TD catches were dropped by BYU players.

If you care to watch Quinn vs. BYU in 2004, here is a highlight clip on youtube and he didn't have a very good game. http://youtube.com/watch?v=QQdUrSuMw_c

As others have mentioned, at this point it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Beck is a Dolphin and Quinn isn't. If you need to be a Quinn fan, root for another team.

Go Phins!

Beck was recruited by USC and 2 other big name schools(i don't remember) and the reason he went to BYU is because they were the only school he wanted to go to that allowed him to go on his mission and still get a scholarship.

I don't believe Beck was ever recruited by USC.

Here is what I understand and comes from a very reliable source.

Before his chuch mission:

Oregon, UCLA and Stanford told John that he would get the scholarship if he didn't go on a mission. ASU and BYU offered a scholarship to John for after his mission.

After his church mission:

BYU, Miami, Washington State and Washington.

Again, it doesn't mean much at this point. But those who think Beck's only opportunity to play college ball was at BYU are mistaken.

BYU, Miami, Washington State and Washington.

Again, it doesn't mean much at this point. But those who think Beck's only opportunity to play college ball was at BYU are mistaken.
i thought i read somewhere it was USC, but guess i was wrong. but he was offered a scholorship by miami which is one of the top programs in the country.

I forgot Notre Dame is known for having a great defense.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

Actually I like this thought process
Mia VS NE

Brady 12-25 for 78 yards 0 TD's sacked 4 times
Harrington 18-30 190 yards 1 TD sacked 1 time

So lets sum it up

To say Brady is as good or better than Harrington is laughable. This game proves it.

Back
Top Bottom