Notre Dame vs. USC | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notre Dame vs. USC

Nappy Roots said:
and 6-6 FSU was what? and 4-8 vanderbilt?

Those were conference games I posted for USC, and he was attempting to make the case that Florida doesnt deserve a title shot because we dont play good out of conference teams. The fact is the strength of your conference is alot harder to overcome every year than beating overrated out of conference teams.

You should know as well, that FSU and UF play eachother hard every year. Florida isnt as much of a high powered offense as they are an elite defense. Their offense does enough to get the job done, and I think "style points" is the biggest crock in college football today.

Obviously if style points mattered USC wouldnt be as highly touted as they are right now. Losing to unranked teams, barely edging out terrible in conference teams....yeah lots of style there.

Phinz420 said:
Those were conference games I posted for USC, and he was attempting to make the case that Florida doesnt deserve a title shot because we dont play good out of conference teams. The fact is the strength of your conference is alot harder to overcome every year than beating overrated out of conference teams.

You should know as well, that FSU and UF play eachother hard every year. Florida isnt as much of a high powered offense as they are an elite defense. Their offense does enough to get the job done, and I think "style points" is the biggest crock in college football today.

Obviously if style points mattered USC wouldnt be as highly touted as they are right now. Losing to unranked teams, barely edging out terrible in conference teams....yeah lots of style there.

You should look at your own team.

Answer me 1 question. Why dont you play a tougher out of conference. There is no guarantee that the SEC is going to be good 4 years down the line when making the schedule. Why do set up week games beside FSU who you play every year?

Phinz420 said:

you know vandy is a SEC team right?

and what about beating SC by 1 point at home? the bulldogs?

Amars said:
and this is comming from a guy that I know hate USC. Especially Bush if I remember correctly.

Anyone would of hated a team that spanked em in the NC game :D

The thing about Bush was that I didnt liek how they practicly handed him the Heisman before the season started, Young deserved it, but lets not turn this into that discussion we all have our own thoughts

He just upset that UF is not going to the NC which they shouldnt. :grouplaug

AirFishOne said:
Anyone would of hated a team that spanked em in the NC game :D

The thing about Bush was that I didnt liek how they practicly handed him the Heisman before the season started, Young deserved it, but lets not turn this into that discussion we all have our own thoughts

With what Young showed in NC game, He was just as deserving as Bush.

Nappy Roots said:
you know vandy is a SEC team right?

and what about beating SC by 1 point at home? the bulldogs?
Course I know Vandy is SEC.

GAMES DECIDED BY UNDER 7 & THE LOST GAMES

USC
09/30at Wash StW 28-22
10/07WashingtonW 26-20
10/28at Oregon StL 33-31
09/16at #13 TennesseeW 21-20
10/14at #11 AuburnL 27-17
11/04at VanderbiltW 25-19
11/11S CarolinaW 17-16

Do you honestly see a comparrison in the two? I see UF losing to a top flight team, unlike USC, and I really wish UF was in the PAC-10. Would be an easy road to the National Title each year.

Phinz, give it up bro. Its a lost cause to argue logic with some people. Can't control what other teams or the media do. We'll have our chance.

USC
Sat, Sep 2 at Arkansas W 50-14 --
Sat, Sep 16 (19) Nebraska W 28-10 --
Sat, Nov 11 (21) Oregon W 35-10 --
Sat, Nov 18 (17) California W 23-9 --
Sat, Nov 25 (6) Notre Dame W 44-24

Sat, Oct 14 at (11) Auburn L 17-27

Who more dominant. Not UF.

Motion said:
Phinz, give it up bro. Its a lost cause to argue logic with some people. Can't control what other teams or the media do. We'll have our chance.

Im just tired of seeing the SEC get screwed each year. Auburn goes undefeated in 04 with probably the best backfield in college football in some decades.

It can't be about "style" because if it were Auburn should have been playing in southern florida in 04'.

It seems as though as long as you play in a weak conference then you are "title contenders" every time. The teams who have to endure a tough conference get no respect.

Phinz420 said:
Im just tired of seeing the SEC get screwed each year. Auburn goes undefeated in 04 with probably the best backfield in college football in some decades.

It can't be about "style" because if it were Auburn should have been playing in southern florida in 04'.

It seems as though as long as you play in a weak conference then you are "title contenders" every time. The teams who have to endure a tough conference get no respect.

Preaching to the choir here bro. :wink:

Hopefully when there is enough controversy over BCS snubs then they'll change things. A +1 system would be perfect for this year.

Back
Top Bottom