Now!!! Finish This Roster With Real Veteran Talent That Will Give Us Legitimate HOPE! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now!!! Finish This Roster With Real Veteran Talent That Will Give Us Legitimate HOPE!

I was a little surprised that Miami didn't double down on edge rushers. At the same time, there are only so many picks and I do like the approach and the players Grier took. Re-signing Ogbah should be a major focus.

As to Eichenberg, I think he could excel at RT. He allowed zero sacks in two years at LT for Notre Dame. I'm hopefully with him.

Next year, our first round selection should probably be a stand up linebacker who rushes the passer.
I do wonder if Collins was a target at #18. I know, as fans, we talked a lot about him. Thrilled with Phillips as long as he stays healthy.

Hoping there won't be too many holes to fill next year. Potentially, Fuller or Gesicki could be free agent casualties. But Miami might be able to sign them both. The key is really how well Tua plays. Grier and Flores have to be right on that one. If they are, the 2022 draft could be icing on the cake.

I do wonder if Collins was a target at #18. I know, as fans, we talked a lot about him. Thrilled with Phillips as long as he stays healthy.

Hoping there won't be too many holes to fill next year. Potentially, Fuller or Gesicki could be free agent casualties. But Miami might be able to sign them both. The key is really how well Tua plays. Grier and Flores have to be right on that one. If they are, the 2022 draft could be icing on the cake.
Parson's personality had to have been a turn off for Flores and Grier, it is becoming more and more apparent that they draft for intelligence and selflessness, and I really don't think Parsons had those qualities... and I think Collins was a reach there. He's awfully big for a true pass rushing role.

I think these type of moves will create cap issues in the next 2 - 3 years while providing little on the field value.

You don't draw out McKinney's already large contract without him ever playing a down for you.

If cutting Grant and Hurns provided more than just marginal cap space, it would already have been done.

Be patient, let the young guys develop another year while not tying yourself down to ugly contracts for older players who will hamstring your cap while your super bowl window should be open.

The Dolphins still do NOT!!, I repeat.....do NOT! have a blind side protector for Tua. I love Liam Eichenberg but as most of you know he will be an interior OL guy in the NFL.

For God's sake create some cap space and sign Eric Fisher to start at RT. Fisher was the 16th ranked LT last year and has graded higher in previous years. He is very good in both the run game and pass protection and he doesn't get penalties. He is a highly intelligent player who can easily adjust to our schemes and the position change to the right side.

And for crying out LOUD!! We are still thin on the edge, very thin IMO. Sign edge/OLB Justin Houston to a multi-year deal. He had 9 sacks last year....yes, he is 32 but he obviously hasn't lost it.

An incentive laden deal with a minuscule first year cap hit.

Give Ogbah an extension and drop his cap hit this year to nil.

Trade or cut Jakeem Grant and Allen Hurns. Give extensions to both Will Fuller and Benardrick Mckinney and drop their cap hits this year to nil.

Dolphins could easily create a ton of cap space to sign these players and a few more if need be.
For God's sake...no.

The Dolphins still do NOT!!, I repeat.....do NOT! have a blind side protector for Tua. I love Liam Eichenberg but as most of you know he will be an interior OL guy in the NFL.

For God's sake create some cap space and sign Eric Fisher to start at RT. Fisher was the 16th ranked LT last year and has graded higher in previous years. He is very good in both the run game and pass protection and he doesn't get penalties. He is a highly intelligent player who can easily adjust to our schemes and the position change to the right side.

And for crying out LOUD!! We are still thin on the edge, very thin IMO. Sign edge/OLB Justin Houston to a multi-year deal. He had 9 sacks last year....yes, he is 32 but he obviously hasn't lost it.

Trade or cut Jakeem Grant and Allen Hurns. Give extensions to both Will Fuller and Benardrick Mckinney and drop their cap hits this year to nil.

Dolphins could easily create a ton of cap space to sign these players and a few more if need be.

Chicken Little Alert - The Sky Is Not Falling.

We have made the Offense and the Defense better, much better. This will go a long way in both protecting our QB and in making him more dangerous offensively.

1) The OL will be adjusted to take advantage of the skill sets of our existing players and draftees and newly acquired free agents. I suspect we already have the all the players we need for the positions we want to put them in on the offensive line and in the backfield.

2) Free Agency is not done yet, and with so many teams having cap limitations, there is about to be a glut of free agents available. This is going to be a buyers market, and we will be doing our share of buying.

3) Our Front Office, you know, the ones who have just completed their 2nd successful draft have spent a lot of time preparing for the draft and undoubtable for the upcoming glut of free agents. We are not in cap hell, remember, we cannot keep all the players we have, so some will be traded or released. The adjustment of those players we get and let go will be done in a timely method that takes full advantage of critical release dates.

Get up, wipe yourself off, put on your under-roos and watch a great team rise to win it's division this year.

I understand that the Jets could use a few more trolls on their board so you might want to take a look-see!!!

Fuller, Wilson, and Skura are on one year deals and will play well enough to get a contract from another team and us compensatory picks in the future...Hopefully.

I would have liked to get Humphreys instead of Eichenberg. Play him at RG. The following season he gets the center job.

Fuller, Wilson, and Skura are on one year deals and will play well enough to get a contract from another team and us compensatory picks in the future...Hopefully.

I would have liked to get Humphreys instead of Eichenberg. Play him at RG. The following season he gets the center job.
Agree with your post, especially Humphrey but I hope Fuller plays well enough to stick around.

Sign Ogbad now , Phillips should lighten his load and his numbers should increase next yr They make a great combo. It seems that talent-wise if everything develops as planned our main concerns is how to keep our players cap wise and using what is still a very stong draft future to continue to build a great team

I’m thinking we should find out if we have a QB before we start putting ourselves into cap hell.
Well you certainly can't find out what you have at QB without an OL. Watch the SB and you would think Patrick was terrible. A bad OL makes even the best QBs look bad.

Last edited:
TOTALLY disagree with the OP assessment of Eichenberg. There is ZERO chance Grier overpaid to trade up in the 2nd round to draft a OG. Sorry that isn't even CLOSE to logical when we have two starting OGs and no starting OTs, (Jackson is not a starting OT until he can keep 100% of players that cross his face from having a free shot on the QB). Eichenberg is going to get a shot at OT and I will be surprised if it isn't LT. If Eichenberg was drafted to be a OG we should put Grier and company on a bus out of town.

Back
Top Bottom