Now!!! Finish This Roster With Real Veteran Talent That Will Give Us Legitimate HOPE! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now!!! Finish This Roster With Real Veteran Talent That Will Give Us Legitimate HOPE!

I’m thinking we should find out if we have a QB before we start putting ourselves into cap hell.
Two yrs ago at the start of the season we were not only being losing we were being embarrassed at historic levels. We ending up winning 5 games. Last yr we win 10 games We have one of the youngest teams in the league, which generally means cheap contracts. Tua if he is even a 10-20 pfft qb we make the playoffs and make a good push. If he is top ten we can make a push for the Superbowl. Even if Tua gets hurt Jacob can lead us to the playoffs

Two yrs ago at the start of the season we were not only being losing we were being embarrassed at historic levels. We ending up winning 5 games. Last yr we win 10 games We have one of the youngest teams in the league, which generally means cheap contracts. Tua if he is even a 10-20 pfft qb we make the playoffs and make a good push. If he is top ten we can make a push for the Superbowl. Even if Tua gets hurt Jacob can lead us to the playoffs
Like the confidence

TOTALLY disagree with the OP assessment of Eichenberg. There is ZERO chance Grier overpaid to trade up in the 2nd round to draft a OG. Sorry that isn't even CLOSE to logical when we have two starting OGs and no starting OTs, (Jackson is not a starting OT until he can keep 100% of players that cross his face from having a free shot on the QB). Eichenberg is going to get a shot at OT and I will be surprised if it isn't LT. If Eichenberg was drafted to be a OG we should put Grier and company on a bus out of town.
Depth at LT...not a starter , but right tackle has to be the idea with burning a third rounder to move up 8 spots.

Where's a palm-plant when I want to use one.
click smiles and its under finheaven members lol. it was the first thing i tracked down.

In reality it was a somewhat thought out more first than we encounter a lot of times i reccons. most 1st thread post starters would've just said "this line and team are garbage"

Robert Hunt ranked 52nd among tackles last year with a grade of 65.8. Pass blocking was a weakness, he was a little better run blocking.

People, Hunt has great potential as an NFL guard, but as Tua's blindside protector it could end up catastrophic.

Several pundits see Eichenberg as a potential future All Pro NFL guard. He might be a good RT but why not play him where he can dominate.

Jesse Davis 57th at the tackle position last year. He is a backup.

Austin Jackson ranked 75th last year and was the worst starting OT in the league.

Things aren't OK.

At guard Solomon Kindley ranked 75th with a grade of 51.3.

Matt Skura was the 34th ranked center. 671 snaps. Not sure he will be on any team come opening day.

Sorry, but the thinking that our OL is fine is just delusional.

I love Van Ginkel and Phillips as starters next year but the depth on the edge is scary. Ogbah is playing more inside than out, and I think he is more effective that way.

If Eichenberg was drafted for OG, it was a waste of a pick. Kindley and Hunt are our OGs, and very young.

Eichenbergs arms are one inch shorter than the average RT, so be it. Russell Wilson is much shorter than the average QB and he does fine.

Ogbah had 1 sack in the last 6 games he played last year. I can understand why he has not been extended yet.

Next round of cuts will be telling. As already stated, we should have an opportunity to get veterans we normally wouldn't due to the cap.

I was a sewell guy. Then we passed. I the.n wanted Jenkins we passed. Clearly Flo and Grier think differently. This is year 2. They have a 2 year plan. Let's see.

All in all, we are better than last year

We have a gm who is not afraid to make moves or trades or cut bait.

I am excited. Can't wait for June.

Someone who does not get mentioned is Parker. I am still not convinced he will be a phin next year

If Eichenberg was drafted for OG, it was a waste of a pick. Kindley and Hunt are our OGs, and very young.

Eichenbergs arms are one inch shorter than the average RT, so be it. Russell Wilson is much shorter than the average QB and he does fine.
Solomon Kindley was horrible last year. If he isn't able to make huge strides this off season and camp, he may not be anybody's guard.

Robert Hunt ranked 52nd among tackles last year with a grade of 65.8. Pass blocking was a weakness, he was a little better run blocking.

People, Hunt has great potential as an NFL guard, but as Tua's blindside protector it could end up catastrophic.

Several pundits see Eichenberg as a potential future All Pro NFL guard. He might be a good RT but why not play him where he can dominate.

Jesse Davis 57th at the tackle position last year. He is a backup.

Austin Jackson ranked 75th last year and was the worst starting OT in the league.

Things aren't OK.

At guard Solomon Kindley ranked 75th with a grade of 51.3.

Matt Skura was the 34th ranked center. 671 snaps. Not sure he will be on any team come opening day.

Sorry, but the thinking that our OL is fine is just delusional.

I love Van Ginkel and Phillips as starters next year but the depth on the edge is scary. Ogbah is playing more inside than out, and I think he is more effective that way.
OL worse then I thought looking at those numbers. But there is hope. Jackson will be much better , Kindley played better at LG, Skura is better then karras, Hunt @ RG is where he should play, he’s not a OT. And eichenberg at RT will be very good even doe he projects to be a all pro guard by some.

LT- jackson
LG- kindley
C- Skura
RG- Hunt
RT- Eichenberg

This will be a good group and way better then last years OL.

Unless we could pull a solid/excellent Edge or stand-up LB rusher, I don't want to see any new additions. I'm rollin' with Grier and Flo until they prove it's not going to work. This is only the 3rd year of a complete, bottom-up, less-than-expansion-team level rebuild...and I think it's going to be a very good year, as-is.

Tua will make a leap, 2nd/3rd year players will improve, OL will solidify (maybe after about 6 weeks in), and the run game will get opened up by our weaponry. I'm BEYOND tired of chasing free agency gold...it never pans out. The % of FAs that never live up to their previous level of play on their other team, is staggeringly high. Its like you're mortgaging your future (and the now in many cases) for the now.

I'll take team-building for 1000!

Back
Top Bottom