Now I Can't Quit The Dolphins Because... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now I Can't Quit The Dolphins Because...

I’m rooting for Houston until Miami shows me they can get my attention fully again. I’m still a fan so don’t get it twisted.

But I’m a Watson fan, so leggo Houston.

I'm a Mahomes fan so I understand completely. I live in KC and watching the Mahomes just like Watson is can't miss tv

It’s so much easier to not be so emotionally vested anymore. A dolphin loss use to ruin my entire week (my wife can attest). I hardly bat an eye. And when the season falls of the rails, I really stop caring lol it’s the only way I can get through it.

In 1982 I was 12 years old and I decided the Miami Dolphins is the team I wanted to be a fan of because I LOVE DOLPHINS since age 2 my Pops threw in my crib a 1972 World Champions Dolphins stuff toy I love it throughout my childhood as I got older and found out there was a team called the Dolphins. I was hooked and my Pops took me to Super Bowl XVII in Pasadena when I lived in Cali. My Pops he was a Bears fan but I never went that route. We loss 27-17. I cried so badly but, he told me a story that this team in 1972 and 1973 won the Super Bowl and in 72 they did not lose one game. They are the only NFL team to do that. He told me they will be back they a GREAT team son. Sure enough they went back 2 years later with the GOAT Dan Marino and Don Shula. During my teens and all the way to age 29. I saw a lot of wins and some losses. But, they were always good most of the time. In 2000 Jay Fiedler took over we went 11-5 and won the AFC East with Dave Wannstadt that was the last time the Miami Dolphins won a playoff game. Dan could not do what he used to do anymore and they pushed him out to retire. In 2001 we did it again going 11-5 but we were a WILD CARD seed #4. We got waxed by the Ravens 20-3. During all those years I was there also the 1-15 season. I never falter I always cheer win or lose. My kids 18 and 21 saw misery in the Dolphins so they both chose different teams as they could not be embarrassed at school no longer (at age 7 COLTS, at age 6 CHARGERS) they had seen enough. My son is a COLTS fan and last week he was so worried and then I told him we are going to **** it up watch and he said your right there the Dolphins. They always find a way to **** it up. My daughter she is 21 and I grew her up a FIN Fan. In 2007 age 10 she quit us because people embarrassed her so much at school for 1-15. She went to the CHARGERS because I am from California and I was really disappointed. But, we cannot make them. Its their choice.

My choice is to die a Dolphins fan. Win or Lose. That is what being LOYAL means. I am Italian an I am as LOYAL as the come capisci. GO DOLPHINS!!!

Here's a humorous one from the final year of Wannstedt's regime, after he ignored the O-line.
It was a primetime game, but I can't remember the opponent.
We're lined up on offense, and flags fly.
The call...…..False start. everyone except the center!:out:

Sadly, I remember the game. It was against Cincinnati in 2004, I believe. I also remember A.J. Feeley throwing a pick 6 to a linebacker in that game.

And I remember an urban legend coming to be after that game (I believe the urban legend was spread around Finheaven later that year) - the legend goes... "Rookie CB Will Poole drew the task of covering Chad Johnson (in his prime), and amazingly, Poole held Ocho Cinco without a catch that game." After a tiny bit of research, it was found that Ocho Cinco had 3 catches for 45 yards that game, and Will Poole only had coverage on him several times, in which #85 did make several catches.

I could never quit the Dolphins, no matter how many times they break my heart and stomp on my balls. I really believe all this heartache we feel will make our eventual championship that much sweeter. What I feel bad for are the people who won't be able to see it happen. My dad (a fellow Dolphins fan) passed away in February from dementia. I wish he would have gotten the chance to see us on top again. But on a happy note, the last Dolphins game we watched together (when he was lucid enough to follow) was the 12/11/17 beatdown of Brady and the Patsies! PRICELESS!!!

My dad (a fellow Dolphins fan) passed away in February from dementia. I wish he would have gotten the chance to see us on top again. But on a happy note, the last Dolphins game we watched together (when he was lucid enough to follow) was the 12/11/17 beatdown of Brady and the Patsies! PRICELESS!!!

Thanks for sharing.

I can’t quit the Dolphins. Being a Dolphins fan is a part of what makes me, me..

cause i've been rooting for them since '71 and have a hat with their logo on it. i do kneel at home before games now and shake my fist during them, in protest of the egregious assault they are to my senses.

Back
Top Bottom