Now the main question is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now the main question is...

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
With everything that has happened with this team in the last few months, will it have any affect on Free Agents wanting to come to Miami. Truthfully I would have to think twice about getting involved with this organazation at this point. Of course the main factor in most decisions will be $, we shall see.

Rosenhous says it will have no effect. It was in today's paper either the Herald or Sentinel.

No, the real question is, now that this particular dog-and-pony show has gone south, what will Huizenga pull next to try to draw the fans into the stands?
I am thinking something as masturbatory as convincing Jerry Rice to sign here after Oakland cuts him.

I agree and posted it elsewhere. Marino should have waited until the Henson trade took place.:eek:

Originally posted by Rick 1966
No, the real question is, now that this particular dog-and-pony show has gone south, what will Huizenga pull next to try to draw the fans into the stands?
I am thinking something as masturbatory as convincing Jerry Rice to sign here after Oakland cuts him.

He shouldn't have to do anything except field a good football team,, if people were coming to the games because Dan was VP, then those are some fanweather fans, actually fickled fans IMO. This team needs to get better on O this off season period. Keep some young low round D people...But put most of them emphasis on O. The D could lose 1 or 2 people and still succeed if the O improves significantly.

So Fla still has the good weather, So Beach and no state income tax as well as the Phins having a great practice facility. That typically helps as well as player thinking the Phins just need them to get over the hump.

I hope they hire ol' #42 to replace Dan...

Originally posted by dolphan39
So Fla still has the good weather, So Beach and no state income tax as well as the Phins having a great practice facility. That typically helps as well as player thinking the Phins just need them to get over the hump.

I hope they hire ol' #42 to replace Dan...

Under nornal conditions I agree, all things being equal those conditions could be the deciding factor, but with everything that has happened to this team in the last few months you have to woner if a player might think "Hey who the hell knows what's going on down there, will the coach even be there next year? Will the GM? They can't even decide whose going to run the team how do I know I will have a job next season."

I'm sure there are players that could care less but I'm sure there are some that might look for a more stable enviorment.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He shouldn't have to do anything except field a good football team,, if people were coming to the games because Dan was VP, then those are some fanweather fans, actually fickled fans IMO.

Do you HONESTLY believe any owner cares whether the butts in the seats are fairweather fans or not?

Back
Top Bottom