Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua

So what do the big smith fans wanting him here above chase think of this? There was a thread a couple of weeks back that pretty much called chase lazy and had numerous reasons as to why Smith is better. Seems like you’ve got no choice now, better start liking Chase I guess
I wouldn't disqualify Smith for his QB preference. Wasn't our locker room divided over Fitzpatrick and Tua? People are going to have their opinions on who they like better. Professionals learn how to work together, and sometimes we even change our minds. :-)

I wouldn’t have either here now. Tua’s our QB. If you have a brain you don’t answer that question. The answer is both great blah blah one does this and one does that. Done.

I wouldn’t have either here now. Tua’s our QB. If you have a brain you don’t answer that question. The answer is both great blah blah one does this and one does that. Done.

Why wouldn't they want to boost up their guy Mac? This isn't affecting Tua's draft stock. They're being team players. I guarantee you if anything they WERE coached to say Mac was their preference. 100% chance when they both speak to Chris Grier (both of them will) they'll tell him the comment was made to help boost Mac in the draft (even if they actually did prefer mac).

Think about how cruddy you'd look being D Smith, winning a national title and the Heisman, and NOT saying you prefer the QB you played with that season. that's preposterous.

Why wouldn't they want to boost up their guy Mac? This isn't affecting Tua's draft stock. They're being team players. I guarantee you if anything they WERE coached to say Mac was their preference. 100% chance when they both speak to Chris Grier (both of them will) they'll tell him the comment was made to help boost Mac in the draft (even if they actually did prefer mac).

Think about how cruddy you'd look being D Smith, winning a national title and the Heisman, and NOT saying you prefer the QB you played with that season. that's preposterous.
I don’t see it, what would they have to gain from building someone up they may never play with again, ahead of a guy who they may well play with. Surely my take is the correct way to deal with it. Both are great one has this and the other has that.

I don’t see it, what would they have to gain from building someone up they may never play with again, ahead of a guy who they may well play with. Surely my take is the correct way to deal with it. Both are great one has this and the other has that.
Because Mac Jones helped those wrs get insane stats for their draft stock, helped smith get a heisman so of course they want to return the favor and help Jones get drafted high.

There were several players saying Murray was better than Mayfield. And so far in their careers it looks ike there may have been something more to those statements than just hype. However they really tied to hype Murrat as much as possible.
Don’t recall ever hearing that but if so that would make this less strange. You 100% sure on that?

If you got along with both men, thought both could do damage in the NFL, but only one was already taken in the 1st round with a nice contract in the NFL...Who would you choose?

Help out the one that needs it, or be selfish, and talk about the one already in the NFL, because his team might take you even earlier, and give you also a very nice contract?

I think they picked Mac because he took them from wire to wire for a national championship, I’m not sure but did Tua do that.

If you got along with both men, thought both could do damage in the NFL, but only one was already taken in the 1st round with a nice contract in the NFL...Who would you choose?

Help out the one that needs it, or be selfish, and talk about the one already in the NFL, because his team might take you even earlier, and give you also a very nice contract?
They could have pumped up Jones without saying he was better than Tua.

Did they mean it or not? Don’t know. But they freely chose to compare the two and say Jones is better. That was deliberate.

They could have pumped up Jones without saying he was better than Tua.

Did they mean it or not? Don’t know. But they freely chose to compare the two and say Jones is better. That was deliberate.
Yet, other then some fans, neither Tua, or coaches are making that big a deal about it.

It could be real, but just too much of a coincidence that Smith goes out of his way to go to the Senior bowl, talk to Flores (among others) to show his commitment, then says something he knows would hurt his chances at maybe being picked top 3.

You can't say that is not odd and a litte concerning. I mean both Smith and Waddle were likely targets for us and they won a championship with Tua. But not even say anything real positive about Tua is just odd to me.

Because Mac Jones helped those wrs get insane stats for their draft stock, helped smith get a heisman so of course they want to return the favor and help Jones get drafted high.
We’ll have to disagree. If he’s good enough the tapes the scouts will review should show it. He doesn’t need a WR to say it. It wasn’t a bright thing to do in my opinion, in fact it’s borderline stupid, again in my opinion.

Say what you will and I’m not a huge Tua fan. He’s just not special in any way with any elite traits, but this has recency bias written all over it.

We’ll have to disagree. If he’s good enough the tapes the scouts will review should show it. He doesn’t need a WR to say it. It wasn’t a bright thing to do in my opinion, in fact it’s borderline stupid, again in my opinion.

Can you pleaseeee tell me how this hurts them as WR prospects? Both of these guys are going to sit down with Grier. Tell them, " yeah mac is our homie and we wanted to help lift his draft stock up". Grier will then (if he even feels the need which I don't think he will) run that by Saban, and Sabin will corroborate that story. Is any other team going to care about this? no not at all. Draft season is all about selling yourself, the tape is the most important part of that but there are many different elements to building out a profile for scouts.

Back
Top Bottom