Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

Perhaps Grier should let Ross select the next QB. Because it has been reported that it was Ross who wanted to trade down in the 2018 draft and draft Lamar Jackson. Grier refused to trade down and drafted Fitzpatrick instead. Now we don’t have Fitzpatrick or Jackson and we are still looking for our future QB and a defensive back to replace the best safety in the NFL.

You never know we might trade down with one or even two, of the 1st round picks. Just to have a extra pick to take him. It’s a gamble that could pay off, but I wouldn’t do it tell the late part of round 1.

Doesn’t matter to some of these fans. They will keep pushing to take him with top pick.
I had posted earlier on this thread that I would have no issue drafting Tua in the first round if he was cleared by the Dolphins medical staff. That post was written before I read the article. After reading the article I realize it would not be worth the risk to draft Tua in the first round. In fact I would hesitate to draft him at all in at least the first 4 rounds.

i enjoy watching him play and hopefully he will have a full recovery and a long NFL career. I just don’t see how a team with as many needs as the Dolphins can afford the risk of drafting him in the early rounds of the draft.

I had posted earlier on this thread that I would have no issue drafting Tua in the first round if he was cleared by the Dolphins medical staff. That post was written before I read the article. After reading the article I realize it would not be worth the risk to draft Tua in the first round. In fact I would hesitate to draft him at all in at least the first 4 rounds.

i enjoy watching him play and hopefully he will have a full recovery and a long NFL career. I just don’t see how a team with as many needs as the Dolphins can afford the risk of drafting him in the early rounds of the draft.
Exactly my sentiment about the entire situation. Great Post!!

Ya I can’t believe people would want to gamble on Tua, cross our fingers and sit him out for a year, then watch another season of Fitzpatrick. No thanks.

Doesn't have to be Fitz, but the price would be right. If they want to spend a little more money for a younger option I would be ok with signing WInston, or Mariota and resting Tua for the year if needed.

I hope he recovers too. Such a shame for a young talented guy to be injured that way.

Doesn't have to be Fitz, but the price would be right. If they want to spend a little more money for a younger option I would be ok with signing WInston, or Mariota and resting Tua for the year if needed.

Are they really any better, or just younger? I realize Tua is very talented, but are we really going to throw away another season just for a chance he might recover and be able to play? I for one hope not. Maybe the bengals will draft Herbert, the redskins will take young, and Burrow falls to us. That’s seems more realistic IMO

Have you taken the time to read up on the specifics of the injury?

If not, you should, because posts like yours indicate you are oblivious to the reality of the guys situation

It was a hilariously awful post.

LOLs are how I keep myself from getting banned.

Go and enlighten me what you disagree with. Burrow does not have consistent velocity on anything past 10-15 yards. There's plenty of examples of this and it's a blatant weakness of his that isn't remotely hidden.

Have you taken the time to read up on the specifics of the injury?

If not, you should, because posts like yours indicate you are oblivious to the reality of the guys situation

We won't truely know his situation until after the surgery on Monday, but today the doctors said they expect him to make a full recovery.

The only aspect of Burrow's game that I find concerning is that I generally hate to see QBs running with the ball, and he does this more than I'm comfortable with.
That said, I'd wouldn't scream if we took him, though I'd have reservations.

We won't truely know his situation until after the surgery on Monday, but today the doctors said they expect him to make a full recovery.

what else would you expect them to say? Short of complete him replacement, they are going to do everything they can to get him recovered. That does not change the reality of his type of injury.

my roommate in college dislocated a hip when he was 16 in a car accident. He told me that was the single most pain he ever experienced. They wouldn’t sedate him to relocate it. His dad said that he went feral and tried to physically harm the staff while they did it. Afterwards the doctors told him he would never run again or play sports unless he was a one in a million case. He ended up playing out his HS football career and won a state championship wrestling. He also played lacrosse (albeit slowly) with me in college

Back
Top Bottom