Now What to do 1st! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now What to do 1st!

Rubbin420

Marino for President
Reaction score
I really love this site, but some topics get caught up in people talking the same old yang about this rumor and that.
Lets say that we get the Brees thing done.
And all the QB speculation is over. (We will have a million threads about how Brees is a flop, and we should have gone for peg leg....Culpepper)

We have signed a decent LT, we have signed a reggie howard substitute, we have signed a LB that can start.
So now what for the 16th pick?
IMO we are in a spectacular position to pick the best available player, rather than addressing an emergency. Do you guys agree, and I would like to hear opinions ona possibility.
Some may say we still have needs at center, other parts of the line, blah blah blah.
If we could pick a Weapon who would it be.

I do have a humble suggestion at the 16th...........Mangold, Moss, or the best saftey available.

:cooldude:

Rubbin420 said:
I really love this site, but some topics get caught up in people talking the same old yang about this rumor and that.
Lets say that we get the Brees thing done.
And all the QB speculation is over. (We will have a million threads about how Brees is a flop, and we should have gone for peg leg....Culpepper)

We have signed a decent LT, we have signed a reggie howard substitute, we have signed a LB that can start.
So now what for the 16th pick?
IMO we are in a spectacular position to pick the best available player, rather than addressing an emergency. Do you guys agree, and I would like to hear opinions ona possibility.
Some may say we still have needs at center, other parts of the line, blah blah blah.
If we could pick a Weapon who would it be.

I do have a humble suggestion at the 16th...........Mangold, Moss, or the best saftey available.

:cooldude:
Mangold may be the best center to come out of college in several years but I don't think he's worth picking at 16. Moss while intriguing is not even the best receiver prospect that may be available at 16. Jackson is bigger, just as fast (if not faster) and has better hands. Unfortunately the best safety available when we pick is Donte Whitner and I think that is a little too high for him. Personally, I like Manny Lawson.

Geforce said:
Mangold may be the best center to come out of college in several years but I don't think he's worth picking at 16. Moss while intriguing is not even the best receiver prospect that may be available at 16. Jackson is bigger, just as fast (if not faster) and has better hands. Unfortunately the best safety available when we pick is Donte Whitner and I think that is a little too high for him. Personally, I like Manny Lawson.
I have to agree with you on Manny Lawson, he is would be a good fit in the new 3-4 as he is a rare combo of size and speed but I think we could trade down to say the early to mid 20's and still get him as well as pick up a couple of picks.

Lawson won't be there in the 20's. We will be lucky to get a guy like him at 16... He's going to shoot up draft boards very quickly.

ClemsonDolphinS said:
I have to agree with you on Manny Lawson, he is would be a good fit in the new 3-4 as he is a rare combo of size and speed but I think we could trade down to say the early to mid 20's and still get him as well as pick up a couple of picks.

The problem with trying to move down is that you have to have someone willing to give up draft picks to move up for someone they really covet. That is happening less and less these days. I really don't think he'll fall past Kansas City at 20 or NE at 21.

Simpson or Jackson

Jackson>Moss, not even a second thought.

I believe that Saban will get the best player available. That might mean WR Chad Jackson or with any luck Huff most likely best CB/S on the board. Then there is the option to trade down.

Back
Top Bottom