Now What? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now What?

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
OK, I hope all of us can agree the season is definately over now. We need to see what Feeley can do, as well as some of our young guys on both sides of the ball. This organization needs to see what players will be the future of our team. There are alot of decisions to be made, and they must start now. PLEASE FIRE WANNY NOW to get the ball rolling!

I agree with getting our young players in and letting them play out the season. I especially would like to see Feeley, only because it will tell us a lot about who we should pick with what looks like the #1 pick in the draft. Cal's qb looks awfully good. I don't think there is any reason to fire Wanny until the end of the year. What good does it do other then giving us another coach to demote when the season ends. I say right after the last game you fire Wanny and right after New England wins the super bowl you go after the o-coordinator, (for our HC job), and their GM. If we want to win we need winners on the coaching staff. I think you package Surtain for Draft choices, (believe me I am a huge Surtain fan but we need choices and he is our most viable option), and clean out the offense. Use our cap space to get a couple valuable FA, maybe a QB to tutor our first round choice if Feeley doesn't work out and we see what GOOD coaching can get us. BTW, you dont ignore the defense as well. There are certainly holes to fill there, like a good DT, SS, OLB. May not get all of that next year but it certainly would be a start.

I'm not a big fan of getting rid of a coach in mid season, But I dont think our players respect Wanny. I dont think he gets the max, or even close to the max out of his players. He allows them to be average. That is one reason. The second big reason is the question of who we will need to draft. If Feeley cant cut it we need a QB. Wanny will start Fiedler the entire year and we will never know.

phin in the NW said:
My guess is he will get the word from above his head to start Feeley.

That is possible, but then I would wonder if Wanny would just resign. I can only hope so.

Back
Top Bottom