Now without a #1 WR I would do this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now without a #1 WR I would do this

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
I would do my best to sign FA's Flynn, Ben Grubbs, Erik Winston, and Reggie Nelson. With the trade of BM we have the money to do this. By signing these guys we take care of our QB, OL, and FS needs. Then in the draft I would spend my 1st round on WR Floyd from ND, my second on WR Hill from GT, my two 3's on a pass rusher and corner. We double up on WR and get two potentially dynamic WR's for a long time. Thoughts?

Not happy about the fact that we didnt get a 2nd rounder with the trade, but I do like the cap space and there are plenty of free agent WR's to grab. As long as we land an upgrade at QB (Manning, Flynn, or in the draft), Im ok with our $$ and picks.

sign Manning/Flynn as QB. Sign Reggie Nelson at FS. Move Jones to SS. Cut Bell to gain more money. Sign Winston for RT. Play Jerry at RG.

Draft a WR/DE in the 1st, and then WR/DE (whichever you didnt pick in the 1st) in the 2nd. I'll be happy

I wouldn't be Upset with that. I like both hill and Floyd. Both opposites and could very well compliment each other tremendously. I love hills upside!

I would do my best to sign FA's Flynn, Ben Grubbs, Erik Winston, and Reggie Nelson. With the trade of BM we have the money to do this. By signing these guys we take care of our QB, OL, and FS needs. Then in the draft I would spend my 1st round on WR Floyd from ND, my second on WR Hill from GT, my two 3's on a pass rusher and corner. We double up on WR and get two potentially dynamic WR's for a long time. Thoughts?
From the outside looking in, that team sucks. It would maybe compete with Buffalo for 3rd place. I'm not trying to be down about it, that's just what it is. If you saw a team like that in a different division that you had no personal investment in as a fan, would you honestly think they'd be competing for a playoff spot, let alone a Super Bowl?

I would go after Wayne and Driver for WR's, Winston for RT, lesser RG then Grubbs and Winston then do the Pass Rusher in 1st round and go from there to fill out team. This aalso all depends on reworking Longs and Dansby's contracts. Also resign Wake.

From the outside looking in, that team sucks. It would maybe compete with Buffalo for 3rd place. I'm not trying to be down about it, that's just what it is. If you saw a team like that in a different division that you had no personal investment in as a fan, would you honestly think they'd be competing for a playoff spot, let alone a Super Bowl?

Do you honestly think that we are a super bowl contending team? Let's say we rolled into next season with the same team as last year. (yes, that means you get to keep Marshall). Do you honestly believe that just adding a Peyton Manning automatically puts us in the drivers seat for a Super Bowl run? The truth is, we still have holes to fill. Obviously, adding Manning would be great for the QB position. But, we are going to have rookies and new FA signings in place at certain positions either way.

Do you honestly believe that just adding a Peyton Manning automatically puts us in the drivers seat for a Super Bowl run?
I think that just by adding Manning and the draft to our existing team we would have been closer to a SB then we have been since #13 was under centre...

Do you honestly think that we are a super bowl contending team? Let's say we rolled into next season with the same team as last year. (yes, that means you get to keep Marshall). Do you honestly believe that just adding a Peyton Manning automatically puts us in the drivers seat for a Super Bowl run? The truth is, we still have holes to fill. Obviously, adding Manning would be great for the QB position. But, we are going to have rookies and new FA signings in place at certain positions either way.
Not so long as Ireland is in charge of personnel.

Justin Blackmon will be in Miami
Awesome. So we get to use our 1st round pick to get right back to where we started. A (possible) star WR, backups fighting for the starting QB spot (psuedo-competition of course, because Flynn will be starting, period.), and OL musical (expensive) chairs. Sounds like we're building a winner to me.

The only way this makes any sense whatsoever is if Manning refused to play with Marshall, and even then we should have gotten more.

Awesome. So we get to use our 1st round pick to get right back to where we started. A (possible) star WR, backups fighting for the starting QB spot (psuedo-competition of course, because Flynn will be starting, period.), and OL musical (expensive) chairs. Sounds like we're building a winner to me.

The only way this makes any sense whatsoever is if Manning refused to play with Marshall, and even then we should have gotten more.

Don't forget that we'll likely have to overpay to get Flynn an uproven QB, much like KC and Arizona did so we'll also be ****ing up our cap royally. Jeff Ireland is the gift that keeps on giving, god I wish he were in charge of the Pats or Jets, it must be fun to sit back and laugh and wonder how the Dolphins are going to top their last offseasons bungles. So far I think Ireland has outdone himself this year.:hclap:

Back
Top Bottom