Number 3 why not to draft a QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number 3 why not to draft a QB

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
I believe you should always do your due diligence and if they believe a prospect is a better prospect than Tua you should pull the trigger. But, there is a scenario that could if put into play take that option off the table. Hear me out this is just speculation and for discussion sake, I am not saying we should or will do this, just an angle to discuss.

Load up on talent!! And give Tua the pieces to showcase his skills. We can all agree we need playmakers, Wr or 2, a Thumping RB, Linebackers, continue to build the lines etc. If you do all that and still don’t see the progression of Tua in a few years, we could then be in a win now position with tons of talent just lacking the qb to lead it. With that scenario we could find ourselves in a position where a older experienced solid Qb would want to go To try and win before the end of their career. A la Brady in Tampa, Manning in Denver, ect. Do you think that’s an option we could/should explore? What would be your concerns?

Is that a logical approach if the prospects are close? What day you?

just fun don’t get all crazy lol

IMHO, if we had the #1 pick, I would think seriously about drafting Trevor Lawrence, because his floor is very high and his ceiling is as high as any QB in the league.

But, I do not see the other QB prospects as being worth drafting over Tua. We probably will benefit most from trading back to a team that wants one of those other QB prospects.

I would take Trevor as well if we can get him, wouldn't give up three years of 1s in our situation but if it was last year probably

IMHO, if we had the #1 pick, I would think seriously about drafting Trevor Lawrence, because his floor is very high and his ceiling is as high as any QB in the league.

But, I do not see the other QB prospects as being worth drafting over Tua. We probably will benefit most from trading back to a team that wants one of those other QB prospects.
Honest question? Have you seriously scouted the other QB’s in this draft? Because I haven’t...and I plan on doing it!

Don’t you think the Dolphins should do that before a game plan is made?

Honest question? Have you seriously scouted the other QB’s in this draft? Because I haven’t...and I plan on doing it!

Don’t you think the Dolphins should do that before a game plan is made?
You don’t think their scouting department hasn’t scouted these guys and that the team doesn’t have a plan??

I don't understand you guys that want to waste a pick for another qb. That's the definition of insanity. You need to build around the current qb you drafted a year ago. Why has tannehill all of a sudden become a component QB? That's because he has an elite RB and good Oline. He has support and weapons. Any average QB can have success with a good oline and weapons. Look at what the Ravens did with flacco. With all the picks we have we need playmakers.

You don’t think their scouting department hasn’t scouted these guys and that the team doesn’t have a plan??
I hope so...I would think they would be re-evaluating after Tua’s uninspiring performances! I hope their plan is a good one, because this “team” missed many opportunities after 1999 for hall of fame QB’s...I’m sure they had plans too!

Draft Sewell because
2 for 1 deal as you can then push Hunt inside to G
Hopefully gives Tua more time to make decisions from even better protection. Thus more chance for which ever WR's we have to do damage.
Also hopefully bigger holes for the run game.
Following year as long as all the young OL perform then you can cut Flowers saving cap space. Think I am correct in saying the cost is only 1 mill.
Later 3/4 years on if both Jackson and Sewell live up to expectations it will be expensive to sign both but you have the option of trading one and redrafting another while keeping a very good OT.

Can we stop with these draft another QB at 3 threads because they are a huge waste of time. It's never going to happen unless Ross fires Grier and/or Flores. Why would our GM and HC admit they made a huge mistake. They would look rediculous and men in their position can't be made to look rediculous.

Wrong, I’ll tell ya why. If Tua was in this draft he would be the 3rd - 5th QB drafted after his unimpressive season. Just because you took a guy early doesn’t mean your married to him. Dont be a Mitch Trubisky superfan GM.

it would be ludicrous to spend the #3 on any of the QB's that might be there. There is no good reason to think any of them would be better than Tua when comparing college careers.

Now, if you want to talk signing a veteran QB and giving Tua some more time to develop, I would listen. I thought it was a hideous sin that they threw this kid to the Lions with no off season, no preseason, and coming off a horrible injury.

Back
Top Bottom