Number 3 why not to draft a QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number 3 why not to draft a QB

It’s definitely not a bad consolation prize. Sewell the player is fantastic. But sitting at 3 and not absolutely having to go QB is a dream scenario for anyone. You’ve got to turn that pick into multiple picks especially when we can drop down and still get our gamebreaking WR.
Yes sir or 2 game breaking wide receivers. Either way we have something to look forward to. Hopefully the guys at the top get it right

I believe you should always do your due diligence and if they believe a prospect is a better prospect than Tua you should pull the trigger. But, there is a scenario that could if put into play take that option off the table. Hear me out this is just speculation and for discussion sake, I am not saying we should or will do this, just an angle to discuss.

Load up on talent!! And give Tua the pieces to showcase his skills. We can all agree we need playmakers, Wr or 2, a Thumping RB, Linebackers, continue to build the lines etc. If you do all that and still don’t see the progression of Tua in a few years, we could then be in a win now position with tons of talent just lacking the qb to lead it. With that scenario we could find ourselves in a position where a older experienced solid Qb would want to go To try and win before the end of their career. A la Brady in Tampa, Manning in Denver, ect. Do you think that’s an option we could/should explore? What would be your concerns?

Is that a logical approach if the prospects are close? What day you?

just fun don’t get all crazy lol
We drafted Tua #5, as a franchise qb. He deserves a fair skake.
Give him a full training camp and some real weapons, and see how he turn out. If he still not showing 'it', then we can think about what you want to do 2022.

We gave RT seven years to prove himself for crying out loud.

What is a fair shake?
We signed Adam Shaheen long term.

What kinds of receivers constitute a fair shake for Tua's skill set?
Agreed. These QBs even as rookies nowadays are ready to not only play but thrive immediately. The game is so tilted to the offense it’s made life easier on the QB. It’s a what have you done for me now business. More and more were starting to see teams give up on QBs quicker and quicker.

If we stick with Tua I think the best WR to pair him with is JaMarr Chase because his Tua doesn’t have the strongest arm. Smith and Waddle are streak routes and deep bombs away receivers. Chase is more of an intermediate guy and he’s thick for his size so his body would be able to hold up a lot better. Smith and Waddle are both great players I just don’t think they fit with Tuas skill set nearly as well as Chase does.

If we stick with Tua I think the best WR to pair him with is JaMarr Chase because his Tua doesn’t have the strongest arm.

I don't know if fair shake is to go fast receivers to create separation, or to cater to his arm and give him strong catch point receivers. That's the Tua conundrum and limitation.

What is a fair shake?

WRs that can win at the line of scrimmage, instead of at the top the stem and get RAC yards.

One or two deep threats that will allow Tua to throw four verts.

A running game that is actually a threat to open up RPO plays.

Everything is interconnected.

I don't know if fair shake is to go fast receivers to create separation, or to cater to his arm and give him strong catch point receivers. That's the Tua conundrum and limitation.
Totally agree. I said earlier I think we should go ahead and move on from Tua or at the very least he’s got 2022 to show it or he’s gone.

But if we’re going to go with Tua in 2022 then JaMarr Chase is the best fit for Tuas skill set. A tough thick bodied WR that plays bigger than his 6’ frame suggests. I see a more athletic Chris Chambers when I watch Chase. He plays so much bigger than he is and he just bully’s corners and runs by safety’s. I think he’s the best WR in the draft personally.

WRs that can win at the line of scrimmage, instead of at the top the stem and get RAC yards.

One or two deep threats that will allow Tua to throw four verts.

A running game that is actually a threat to open up RPO plays.

Everything is interconnected.

So basically the consensus narrative: DeVonta Smith, Waddle, Elijah Moore, and then Najee Harris.

Yes he was great especially late in that game. However that was his 2nd start and Buffalo was his ninth. That’s 7-8 games worth of film on him and once more and more film got out there he began to look worse and worse. He can’t throw deep in the seams or the middle of the field bc he doesn’t have the arm strength. It’s an INT waiting to happen. Hence why Gailey never put any middle of the field routes into the game plans for him.

I would say Tua's struggles to throw deep down the middle have more to do with his lack of size than his lack of arm strength. He has a tough time seeing down the field. Plus, he needs to be able to step into his throws and the OL is not helping him with constant pressure in his face (Tannehill had the same problem).

There are just so many positions that are lacking talent and need to be addressed. I will say if Kyle Trask is still available in the 3rd or 4th round, I might pick him. His bowl game was horrible, but he was pretty lights out the rest of the season and has more size than Tua.

What is a fair shake?

Maybe a Kennan Allen might help?

Or a Diggs?

I would say Tua's struggles to throw deep down the middle have more to do with his lack of size than his lack of arm strength. He has a tough time seeing down the field. Plus, he needs to be able to step into his throws and the OL is not helping him with constant pressure in his face (Tannehill had the same problem).

There are just so many positions that are lacking talent and need to be addressed. I will say if Kyle Trask is still available in the 3rd or 4th round, I might pick him. His bowl game was horrible, but he was pretty lights out the rest of the season and has more size than Tua.
I don’t think his size has as much to do with it as people think. His size doesn’t help but if you watch the playcalling and the game plans put together they get him outside the pocket quite a bit. The problem is the route trees being run with them are TE drags WR drags all short and easy throws and a lot of times even those throws from Tua lack zip and velocity. You rarely see Tua throw in the seams or middle of the field because Gailey knows he doesn’t have the arm strength to get it their in the time it needs to get there. You rarely see Tua throw a 15-18 yard deep post or a deep streak down the seam or that 12-15 yard in cut. All those are throws in the middle of the field. Theirs a reason why they don’t call those routes much if at all with Tua pulling the trigger.

Taking a QB is always a risk, you simply never now, right now TUA does not look good but I think the wisest move is to take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, a kid with high potential but not a super hyped guy, a project guy to carry and teach, re hire Fitz for two years, don´t waste a 1st round on a QB lets bring more talent for TUA, Fitz back and a young competitor for TUA like Mond or Trask. watch 2021 and if it´s not panning out go for your QB in 2022.

Back
Top Bottom