Number 3 why not to draft a QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number 3 why not to draft a QB

We need WRs and RBs. Henry is a huge part of Tannehill’s success in TN. I’m going all in on the offense in the draft. Flo can scheme the defense to slow teams down.

We need WRs and RBs. Henry is a huge part of Tannehill’s success in TN. I’m going all in on the offense in the draft. Flo can scheme the defense to slow teams down.
I agree that we need offense but this draft especially late 1st round through the whole 2nd round is littered with really good players. That’s why we have to find a way to trade one of our 1s and pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd. We desperately need a playmaking safety to pair with X and the Jones boys. Brandon Jones looks like he’s going to be a good one so complete the secondary with a guy like Oregon safety Jevon Holland in the 2nd round. Syracuse’s Andre Cisco somewhere one round 3 is also a really talented guy. Flo loves the secondary so give him another new toy to play around with back there.

Also we need an edge rusher and once again in rounds 2/3 theirs really great value for guys like Pittsburgh’s Patrick Jones or Miami(FL)s Jaelen Phillips. I also wouldn’t be opposed to a run stuffing edge setter or DT. The defense is not complete and shouldn’t be completely ignored in the draft.

I agree that we need offense but this draft especially late 1st round through the whole 2nd round is littered with really good players. That’s why we have to find a way to trade one of our 1s and pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd. We desperately need a playmaking safety to pair with X and the Jones boys. Brandon Jones looks like he’s going to be a good one so complete the secondary with a guy like Oregon safety Jevon Holland in the 2nd round. Syracuse’s Andre Cisco somewhere one round 3 is also a really talented guy. Flo loves the secondary so give him another new toy to play around with back there.

Also we need an edge rusher and once again in rounds 2/3 theirs really great value for guys like Pittsburgh’s Patrick Jones or Miami(FL)s Jaelen Phillips. I also wouldn’t be opposed to a run stuffing edge setter or DT. The defense is not complete and shouldn’t be completely ignored in the draft.
Good stuff, you are right I am just not sure I trust Grier to get us what we need I still think last years draft could have been so much more and we would not be looking for a RB and maybe 1 less WR.

What is a fair shake?
We signed Adam Shaheen long term.

What kinds of receivers constitute a fair shake for Tua's skill set?
Smith and Chase either side, Gesicke in motion.
Chan or whoever starts calling play action the first down, and more roll out.

All these are obtainable. Not too much to ask for

Good stuff, you are right I am just not sure I trust Grier to get us what we need I still think last years draft could have been so much more and we would not be looking for a RB and maybe 1 less WR.
I actually feel really confident in Grier Flo and the whole FO. It’s the most confident I’ve ever felt in my 31 years of life about our FO. I know everybody whether a causal fan or an absolute fanatic loves the sexy picks in the draft myself included. We all get excited about the new speedy WR or the gamebreaking new tailback. But I really believe they went about the draft last year exactly how they should have. You don’t build a football team from the outside in. You build it from the inside out. That’s the approach they have taken and I’m absolutely 100% on board with it. They addressed the front 7 on D mostly in free agency then addressed the OL in the draft and sprinkled in a CB(Iggy) and took a flyer in the 7th on Malcolm Perry. They are building it the right way because now is when we’re going to get our playmakers and sexy picks. I just hope Fin nation don’t completely flip out if we use 1 of the 2 first rounders on a defensive guy because although our defense played very well this year they also played above their head due to great coaching/scheming and great effort from our guys. This defense can and will be taken to the next level with a great pass rusher and playmaking safety. We also have to get a run stopping LB and run dropping edge or DT. We have to be better against the run especially WHEN we get into the playoffs next year and beyond. You have to be able to stop the run in cold weather against playoff caliber opponents.

ANOTHER QUARTERBACK THREAD I LOVE IT KEEP THEM COMING!!!
Sorry I don’t live and die on fin heaven, and asked a question. My apologies sorry to make you click the button, sorry to make you reply, sorry to have chapped your ass and sorry for your passive aggressive reply. What’s it feel like to be such an amazing person(S) that knows all topics and posts on fin heaven? One day I hope to know all topics discussed on a fan forum so I don’t dare ask something that may have been discussed. I will study the page and it’s posts tonight so I don’t dare repeat a topic. Thank you for your amazing contribution, Richard Cranium!! (This applies to all the comments like yours not just you, feel free to self identify)

If we want to draft Sewell, anyone think we could trade Flowers? He didn't play bad this year, and OL is always in demand. There will be teams with the cap space to take on his contract.
Yes.

We have 19 free agents and none of them we will really missed if we don't resign. That means we still have a lot of roster spots to improve on. Try to trade 3 for a ton of picks and continue the rebuild. If unable to trade out than take Sewell.

Nonsense!

Grab that big OT.

Move Austin Jackson to G. Move Hunt to G.

Grab Jalen Mayfield 1B and plug at RT.

Grab Creed Humphrey for C.

Grab both NC RBs.

Hand the ball off and pop open a Bub.

Game is already won!

>>> if Tua bombs Bowden plays QB.

Last edited:
I believe you should always do your due diligence and if they believe a prospect is a better prospect than Tua you should pull the trigger. But, there is a scenario that could if put into play take that option off the table. Hear me out this is just speculation and for discussion sake, I am not saying we should or will do this, just an angle to discuss.

Load up on talent!! And give Tua the pieces to showcase his skills. We can all agree we need playmakers, Wr or 2, a Thumping RB, Linebackers, continue to build the lines etc. If you do all that and still don’t see the progression of Tua in a few years, we could then be in a win now position with tons of talent just lacking the qb to lead it. With that scenario we could find ourselves in a position where a older experienced solid Qb would want to go To try and win before the end of their career. A la Brady in Tampa, Manning in Denver, ect. Do you think that’s an option we could/should explore? What would be your concerns?

Is that a logical approach if the prospects are close? What day you?

just fun don’t get all crazy lol
Absolutely pick a QB in the first round.

What I came away from last year's draft was that outside of Tua, Strowbridge and Weaver most of the other picks at first glance were a bit of a surprise with the word reach sprinkled in.
All of those reaches played better than expected including the trade pick for Bowden with only Weaver cut and Strowbridge barely playing and yes Iggy struggled mightly starting early in the season.
So I expect to the same in this next draft and hopefully we avoid the Weavers and Rosen's.

Smith and Chase either side, Gesicke in motion.
Chan or whoever starts calling play action the first down, and more roll out.

All these are obtainable. Not too much to ask for

Our play action fools absolutely no one.

it would be ludicrous to spend the #3 on any of the QB's that might be there. There is no good reason to think any of them would be better than Tua when comparing college careers.

Now, if you want to talk signing a veteran QB and giving Tua some more time to develop, I would listen. I thought it was a hideous sin that they threw this kid to the Lions with no off season, no preseason, and coming off a horrible injury.
In all fairness...many looked At Herbert’s college career and deemed Tua a clear choice (not me)...the talent inequalities in college make that a difficult game!

At leased give Tua another yr to improve..mean while build ur Ol and play makers.. the defense is good enough..to compete...

Back
Top Bottom