Number 3 why not to draft a QB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number 3 why not to draft a QB

IMHO, if we had the #1 pick, I would think seriously about drafting Trevor Lawrence, because his floor is very high and his ceiling is as high as any QB in the league.

But, I do not see the other QB prospects as being worth drafting over Tua. We probably will benefit most from trading back to a team that wants one of those other QB prospects.
People sleep in Fields. He reminds me very much of deshaun Watson.

People sleep in Fields. He reminds me very much of deshaun Watson.
Well I hope you're right, I hope he has a great National Championship game, and I hope lots of GM's get super-interested in Fields. Because if that happens, I think we might have a realistic run of 3 QB's in the top 3 and build real demand for the #3 pick.

I can't help but wonder if Urban Meyer becomes the Jacksonville coach, whether he might be interested in Fields and possibly trading back to #3 giving us a shot at Trevor Lawrence. I'm sure it's a pipe-dream, but hey, if Urban Meyer believes in Fields ... the whole dynamics of this draft changes, and all of those scenarios are good for the Dolphins.

Well I hope you're right, I hope he has a great National Championship game, and I hope lots of GM's get super-interested in Fields. Because if that happens, I think we might have a realistic run of 3 QB's in the top 3 and build real demand for the #3 pick.

I can't help but wonder if Urban Meyer becomes the Jacksonville coach, whether he might be interested in Fields and possibly trading back to #3 giving us a shot at Trevor Lawrence. I'm sure it's a pipe-dream, but hey, if Urban Meyer believes in Fields ... the whole dynamics of this draft changes, and all of those scenarios are good for the Dolphins.
No chance UM passes on TLaw for JF. His NFL stint would be over before he even coached his first game. But if for some insane reason he did pass on TLaw for JF the Jets will be running that card to the podium with TLaws name on it so fast our heads would spin so I don’t think we would have a shot at TLaw either way.

No chance UM passes on TLaw for JF. His NFL stint would be over before he even coached his first game. But if for some insane reason he did pass on TLaw for JF the Jets will be running that card to the podium with TLaws name on it so fast our heads would spin so I don’t think we would have a shot at TLaw either way.
Sorry if it I did not make the theoretical scenario clear. Let me re-phrase it for more clarity.

I'm not saying Urban Meyer would pass on Trevor Lawrence to draft Justin Fields. IMHO, the only way Lawrence ends up on a Dolphins roster is if Meyer wants Fields and believes the Jet's do not want Fields (e.g. they're set on Wilson or Sewell), then Miami trades up to the #1 pick and Miami Drafts Trevor Lawrence #1 overall, and Meyer slides back to #3 to ensure Jacksonville gets Fields and scoops up an extra 1st round pick and probably some other picks as well. Doubtful Meyer and the Jags would do it, and doubtful that Grier/Flo and Dolphins would do it either, but that's the only possible way I could see the Dolphins getting Trevor Lawrence.

Sorry if it I did not make the theoretical scenario clear. Let me re-phrase it for more clarity.

I'm not saying Urban Meyer would pass on Trevor Lawrence to draft Justin Fields. IMHO, the only way Lawrence ends up on a Dolphins roster is if Meyer wants Fields and believes the Jet's do not want Fields (e.g. they're set on Wilson or Sewell), then Miami trades up to the #1 pick and Miami Drafts Trevor Lawrence #1 overall, and Meyer slides back to #3 to ensure Jacksonville gets Fields and scoops up an extra 1st round pick and probably some other picks as well. Doubtful Meyer and the Jags would do it, and doubtful that Grier/Flo and Dolphins would do it either, but that's the only possible way I could see the Dolphins getting Trevor Lawrence.
Then I apologize sir. I assumed you meant if UM took JF that TLaw may just fall to us at #3. My sincerest apologies. I should have asked for clarity.

Then I apologize sir. I assumed you meant if UM took JF that TLaw may just fall to us at #3. My sincerest apologies. I should have asked for clarity.
No apology needed brother, it's all good. These threads sometimes move quickly and we all read things quickly, so it happens to all of us! Glad we cleared it up. Rock on brother! :RKIT:

A lot of people are talking about Zack Wilson, there is nothing wrong with competition, two first rounders competing for the job is a dream situation for any team.

Yes he was great especially late in that game. However that was his 2nd start and Buffalo was his ninth. That’s 7-8 games worth of film on him and once more and more film got out there he began to look worse and worse. He can’t throw deep in the seams or the middle of the field bc he doesn’t have the arm strength. It’s an INT waiting to happen. Hence why Gailey never put any middle of the field routes into the game plans for him.

Exactly 7 or 8 games of film where the OC never changed, added concepts, or tailored his offense to the rookie. Gailey was calling the same plays week 17 as week 8 & your rookie QB has no ability to audible. Of course the qb is going to look bad after the DC knows the exact routes and concepts. No wonder the rookie qb appeared to regress. The lazy ass OC set him up for failure.

I hated the Gailey hire to begin with & to hear all of the info coming out of Davie on how he ran/installed the O for Fitz is mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom