NY Jets DT Josh Evans Retires! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Jets DT Josh Evans Retires!

OutsideObserver said:
Dwayne Robertson

Yeah, that's great. All you need now is one more starting caliber DT. You don't have one on your roster with the departure of Ferguson. Legree sucks and Pouha is an unknown.

The Jet's RUSH D is slowly falling apart and I love it. Jason Ferguson gone, Josh Evans retires, only starting DT is Dwayne Robertson, and their OLB Sam Cowart is gone too. I can't wait until Week 2, Ronnie Brown plays the Jets. :roflmao:

We have 3 PB caliber DL, we can plug just about any DT next to Robertson and he'll do fine. Jason Ferguson was a product of playing alongside the other great players on the DL. We have a nice rotation of Legree, Reed and our 3rd rd pick Sione Pouha. Our DL is one of the best in the league and w/ the improvemen of some of our young players we will have a big time D this year. last year we had a very good D but we could and should be alot better.

painnotpleasure said:
The Jet's RUSH D is slowly falling apart and I love it. Jason Ferguson gone, Josh Evans retires, only starting DT is Dwayne Robertson, and their OLB Sam Cowart is gone too. I can't wait until Week 2, Ronnie Brown plays the Jets. :roflmao:

You do realize we have 2 of the best pass rushing DE's in the league, right? and you do realize Sam Cowart was a bench player for us last year, right? It will be very difficult for any back to gain over 100 against us especially one w/ a mediocre OL.

You rush the passer while we run right up your gut!!! I can't wait for the 2nd week!!!

nyjunc said:
We have 3 PB caliber DL, we can plug just about any DT next to Robertson and he'll do fine. Jason Ferguson was a product of playing alongside the other great players on the DL. We have a nice rotation of Legree, Reed and our 3rd rd pick Sione Pouha. Our DL is one of the best in the league and w/ the improvemen of some of our young players we will have a big time D this year. last year we had a very good D but we could and should be alot better.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Ferguson was a product of all the other guys on the d-line. :rolleyes: Le me ask you a question: Would you be saying that if Ferguson re-signed with the Jets? No, of course not. If Ferguson re-signed with the Jets, he'd be an all-world DT who's talent could not be quetioned. I know that fans of all teams try to rationalize it whichever way when their team either signs or loses a guy- but no team's fans do it more than the Jets. Just about every Jet fan to a man KILLED- I mean MURDERED Coles when he left. Called him overrated, selfish, etc, etc. Now that's he's back, he's Randy Moss. This is one of the millions of reasons to hate Jet fans.

FireWrongstedt said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Ferguson was a product of all the other guys on the d-line. :rolleyes: Le me ask you a question: Would you be saying that if Ferguson re-signed with the Jets?

Actually I did write that. Go look up my posts at theganggreen.com. While everyone was getting upset I said it was no big deal losing Ferg, playing alongside the caliber of players he was playing w/ opened things up for him to make plays.

Trust me, we are absolutely fine at DT. Robertson is going to be a Pro Bowler this year(should have been last year)- do we need 4 Pro Bowlers on the DL to have a good DL?

Just about every Jet fan to a man KILLED- I mean MURDERED Coles when he left.

I never said Coles couldn't play, I was mad at Coles for the way he left but I never downgraded him saying he sucked. Coles was a jerk here the 1st time, was a jerk at Wash and will be a jerk here again but he's our jerk and as long as he plays like he can I'll be happy.

Now that's he's back, he's Randy Moss

No he's not but he is an upgrade from Santana. I still love Santana but he is simply not as tough and fearless as Coles and that cost us last year.

This is one of the millions of reasons to hate Jet fans.

Now you are generalzing, I don't generalize dolphin fans even though I see multiple threads talking about the dolphins making the Super Bowl. That is downright comical so I guess that is a reason to hate all dolphin fans?

You rush the passer while we run right up your gut!!! I can't wait for the 2nd week!!!

You aren't running up the gut w/ Robertson and Vilma in the middle. I don't care if Ricky '02 shows up.

nyjunc said:
You do realize we have 2 of the best pass rushing DE's in the league, right? and you do realize Sam Cowart was a bench player for us last year, right? It will be very difficult for any back to gain over 100 against us especially one w/ a mediocre OL.
Yup, I have to admit Shaun Ellis and John Abraham and tremendous athletes and one of the best combo of DE's in the NFL. But you guys are losing DEPTH. John Abraham is extremely INJURY prone, and if he does go down again, you guys are in trouble.

painnotpleasure said:
Yup, I have to admit Shaun Ellis and John Abraham and tremendous athletes and one of the best combo of DE's in the NFL. But you guys are losing DEPTH. John Abraham is extremely INJURY prone, and if he does go down again, you guys are in trouble.

W/o question we are much b etter w/ John Abraham than w/o but we did come w/in 2 makeable kicks of reaching the AFC Title Game w/o him. We have quality depth. We lost 1 starter from our defense and he was a guy who played well b/c of the players around him. We have 3 PB caliber players on the DL and whoever that other DT will be will benefit from that.

Back
Top Bottom