NY meida roating Giants coach Jim Fassel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY meida roating Giants coach Jim Fassel

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here are some questions by their media red the rest at:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...ct06,0,4528981.story?coll=ny-giants-headlines

--------

Q:Why did Jim Fassel replace Tiki Barber during a crucial period late in the third quarter and early in the fourth?

A:Good question. But Fassel did not offer details during a tense session with reporters. "I don't have any regrets on it," he said, adding that after a tough loss, "everything comes into question

Here is my personal favorite lol..
---------------

Q:Should the Giants have gone more often to tight end Jeremy Shockey, who had four catches for 32 yards at halftime and finished with 11 for 110 yards?

A:This was another postgame line of questioning that did not go over well with Fassel. "He caught 10 balls [actually 11]!" Fassel said. "I don't understand the question. He caught 10 balls. Can we get it to him more? OK, next time I'll try to get it to him more. Next time I'll try to get him to catch 20. I said we tried to get it to him earlier in the game and we didn't get it to him. I changed the formations and we got it to him."
Q:How were the Dolphins able to make big plays against a defense that shut down running back Ricky Williams?

A:Overpursuit, that's it," defensive end Michael Strahan said. "Overpursuit. It's not anything more than that."

The Giants are an aggressive, mauling unit that thrives on inside rushes. The Dolphins accused the Giants' front four of further clogging the running game by illegally hauling down offensive linemen. All of that mattered little once the Dolphins got into open space away from the heat from the defense. "You have to be disciplined," safety Shaun Williams said.

Back
Top Bottom