Nyc Fin Fans.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nyc Fin Fans....

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
NYC phin fans,
i am travelling to NYC for New-Year's and was wondering where i could catch the game against the Pats on Sunday??
Also should i go see Dan and Deion on 5th Avenue???
:eat: Thanx

You should be able to see it pretty much anywhere. WCBS, channel 2, is carrying the game, so you don't need to find a place with DirecTV.

If you want to go somewhere with a sports atmosphere, you can try the ESPN zone, which (I think) is in Times Square somewhere. They'll have all the games on.

There's also Scruffy Duffy's on 8th Ave between 46 and 47th street. Good beer, good company, plenty of TV's.

the cbs show is on 57th and 5th - get there early if you want to be up close and dress warm it is all outside and NYC is windy as hell.
As far as watching the game at 1pm - since it is th ebiggest game locally (giants on saturday/jets at 4) you can catch the game anywhere at all. Best place in the midtown area is espn zone on 44th and broadway(i believe it is right there you cant miss it -- near toys r us, virgin megastore, and planet hollywood). Som egood bard in the area with TVs but espn will have it up on the big screens...call ahead of time and try to reserve seats with a good view of the big screen.
(if it is just th eguys going and you are over 21 - private eyes on 45th and 9th will give you a few other things to watch besides the game)
this info happily provided by a jets fan:)

DON'T GO TO ESPN ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at ESPN Zone today, it is terrible. You have to spend at least 30 dollars if you want to sit, but you can avoid the 30 dollars by going to the arcade. Problem is, if your at the arcade (all the games are on up there too) there are 100 million 10 years screaming and running around. ESPN Zone is a good place to just walk around (its amazing how many TVs there are, they even have like 5 TVs in every bathroom its amazing) but it isn't a good place to watch a game (no sound). Its a bad situation, avoid it.

The game is on CBS from what I have heard (I have NFL Sunday Ticket so I don't keep track of this stuff anymore anyway) so you can watch the game basically anywhere. If you want to avoid Jets fans, just watch the game wherever your staying.

ESPN Zone is way too crowded and too over priced. Better off just going to a regular Sports bar.

Originally posted by Peebs
ESPN Zone is way too crowded and too over priced. Better off just going to a regular Sports bar.

Oh yeah. Today at 1 the line to get a table was at least an hour. I ate there a few months ago, and the food sucked and the prices were crazy. I also hate the Zone because they once kicked me out for being underage. :yell:

Well thanx for all the info...
i'll probably end up in my hotel watching it...staying at the Gramercy hoping it's decent..
I might go see Dan and Deion for the Pregame show though...wearing my Marino jersey...Any more info is welcomed on any topic involving NYC...Thanx again

:eat:

Back
Top Bottom