NYJ.com's Interview with Herald's Jason Cole | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NYJ.com's Interview with Herald's Jason Cole

You would like to say this was a one-time thing where their heads were just not in it, but since they started 4-1 last season, the Dolphins are 4-7. A lot of people will point to the Fiedler injury and Ray Lucas, but even without Lucas, they are 2-3.
ouch

Quote:
And they have played poorly for quite a while now. You would like to say this was a one-time thing where their heads were just not in it, but since they started 4-1 last season, the Dolphins are 4-7. . . . The Dolphins aren’t playing that well. . . . They think Thompson is pretty good, but he hasn’t panned out yet. Until he does, the Dolphins are going to miss Oronde Gadsden. . . . But then again, I think the Dolphins’ defense is overrated to begin with.

I like Jason but he merits some criticism here, I believe --
Now I read all the dolphin coverage in the herald every day, and not once prior to the Houston game has Jason Cole said that this team has been slumping since the middle of last season, that the defense is overrated, or that the defense will regret getting rid of Oronde (whom I wish we had kept and have said so before).
This strikes me as trying to say I told you so after the fact when he never really pointed us of these supposed signs of trouble before.

Originally posted by notguilty
Quote:
And they have played poorly for quite a while now. You would like to say this was a one-time thing where their heads were just not in it, but since they started 4-1 last season, the Dolphins are 4-7. . . . The Dolphins aren’t playing that well. . . . They think Thompson is pretty good, but he hasn’t panned out yet. Until he does, the Dolphins are going to miss Oronde Gadsden. . . . But then again, I think the Dolphins’ defense is overrated to begin with.

I like Jason but he merits some criticism here, I believe --
Now I read all the dolphin coverage in the herald every day, and not once prior to the Houston game has Jason Cole said that this team has been slumping since the middle of last season, that the defense is overrated, or that the defense will regret getting rid of Oronde (whom I wish we had kept and have said so before).
This strikes me as trying to say I told you so after the fact when he never really pointed us of these supposed signs of trouble before.

He might be right, though. Gadsden usually plays pretty well against the Jets, for one thing. Last year's finish doesn't really have anything to do with how they play now most likely. The Houston game does however. He makes good points, though.

run ricky down the jets throat, then spread the ball around...incorporate konrad and mcmicheals into the offense...
then hit them deep with chambers and wake up thompson, he was asleep last week... practice don't count....its for real on sundays

Originally posted by Jetfanmack

He might be right, though. Gadsden usually plays pretty well against the Jets, for one thing. Last year's finish doesn't really have anything to do with how they play now most likely. The Houston game does however. He makes good points, though.

As I said, I am a Gadsden fan. To my chagrin, he has been attacked with surprising venom on this board. I agree that Cole makes some good points, but it does bother me the way he makes it seem like he had certain views (like the defense being overrated) yet never mentioned this in any column prior to the game.

It's easy to say "run Ricky all day". But the fact remains, we can run Ricky till we're blue in the face and it won't make a difference. Until this passing game starts to make people pay, the Phins aren't going anywhere. We have got to throw the damn ball.

Back
Top Bottom