O And D Rankings As Of 10/1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O And D Rankings As Of 10/1

Or maybe after this ONE game where Miami was blown out by a desperate Patriots team in their home, may have downgraded Miami's rank lower then how good each actually is capable of playing, and have played in their previous 3 games before NE.

I admire your positivity yet I do not understand how you can have some considering where this franchise has been for 20 years.

We rank 24th in rushing @ 92/352 and 25th in passings @ 70/100. I mean good god, if Gase says he wants a balanced offense, hes got it. A terrible one.

I admire your positivity yet I do not understand how you can have some considering where this franchise has been for 20 years.

Because I have seen something in this team since Gase took over, that I had not seen since Shula left. Obviously I am not saying, or not believe (for now) Gase should ever be compared to Shula, but his teams seem to be resilient, seem to have short memories of what happened the week before, and most importantly, they play like a very cohesive, having fun group.

I am not saying there is no way Miami goes into Cincy, and loses, in fact I agree odds are, Miami will go into Cincinnati and lose badly, but of what I have seen from these Gase coaches teams, especially the last 12 games Tannehill was involved in, this team will very rarely lay an egg two week in a row.

I expect the game in some way to be a much closer game then anyone expects, and in close games Miami at least has a chance to again steal one they should have lost.

Trust me, I wish Miami would start crushing teams, and pulling away in wins, but for now this is who they are, so i will just have to watch my bloodpressure, and just sit back and hopefully enjoy it.

Because I have seen something in this team since Gase took over, that I had not seen since Shula left. Obviously I am not saying, or not believe (for now) Gase should ever be compared to Shula, but his teams seem to be resilient, seem to have short memories of what happened the week before, and most importantly, they play like a very cohesive, having fun group.

I am not saying there is no way Miami goes into Cincy, and loses, in fact I agree odds are, Miami will go into Cincinnati and lose badly, but of what I have seen from these Gase coaches teams, especially the last 12 games Tannehill was involved in, this team will very rarely lay an egg two week in a row.

I expect the game in some way to be a much closer game then anyone expects, and in close games Miami at least has a chance to again steal one they should have lost.

Trust me, I wish Miami would start crushing teams, and pulling away in wins, but for now this is who they are, so i will just have to watch my bloodpressure, and just sit back and hopefully enjoy it.

What exactly is it that you’ve seen in this team? In 2016 they got destroyed in the opening round in the playoffs per usual. They missed the playoffs last year. I doubt they make it this year. That sounds like the same **** we’ve been dealing with since Don Shula.

Look on the bright side - at least Charles "Dark Place" Harris finally showed up for his followers....twice in fact.

Once for jumping offsides and again for getting blocked into oblivion by a Tight End. Kid's got a lot of upside

gotta cut losses with players like harris. woodard or malveaux are just as good if not better for 1/10th the cost

Look on the bright side - at least Charles "Dark Place" Harris finally showed up for his followers....twice in fact.

Once for jumping offsides and again for getting blocked into oblivion by a Tight End. Kid's got a lot of upside

I guess that was a tight end, wasn't it? I was watching blurry on tape at 7 AM this morning when Harris was buried on that touchdown run. I thought it was #13 Dorsett but makes no sense he was lined up that tight. Must have been Allen.

As I posted last week, the stats like Yards Per Points Differential pointed to bubble bursting...just a matter of when. I don't mind losing in that fashion as long as we continue to overachieve like late 2016 and early this season in the close games.

The defense continues to do a magnificent job deep in the red zone. This is the third game in which the opponent was at the 1 or 2 yard line very early in the game and left with either nothing -- Tennessee and Oakland -- or a field goal -- New England.

Gase apparently takes those stops for granted...rationalizing there's no need to try to score early.

Blame Gase all you want, he deserves it for his crap playcalling.

But no coach is having a top 5-10 offense with Tannehill at the helm, just won't ever happen. Tannehill will go through a handful of head coaches and offensive coordinators, olines, wrs, he won't ever lead a top offense.

What exactly is it that you’ve seen in this team? In 2016 they got destroyed in the opening round in the playoffs per usual. They missed the playoffs last year. I doubt they make it this year. That sounds like the same **** we’ve been dealing with since Don Shula.

I am talking Miami with Tannehill, and though obviously they do lack something to allow anyone to crazy and think they are right now one of the top teams, they do tend to play beyond what is or should be expected of them.

In 2016, though they started slow (They were a dropped Deep pass to Stills from beating the Seahawks, and lack of time from maybe beating the Pats in NE), they started a winning streak against a Steelers team that was fighting for a playoff spot, and at the time was hot...They had a three game West coast trip, and beat a talented Chargers team, an up and coming Rams Team that had a great defense, and a 49ers team that was already in spoiler mode with little quit...They swept both the Bills and Jets (When was the last time Miami did that?).

The Miami of old would not have had any winning streak, and probably not even come close to reaching the playoffs.

In 2017,They lost their starting QB, replaced him with a retired QB that should have stayed retired, delt with a hurrricane that (Good or bad) did stay in the minds of the players for a few weeks, a FA LB that went Mia, a coach that seemed to have a substance problem, and Miami started 1-2, but still showed enough tenacity to fight back to a 4-2 record, they did still lose some games afterwards, but again were able to win a few game to stay in the playoff hunt for around 3 quarters of the season.

The Miami Old Miami Dolphins would have folded after all this problems, and ended up picking very high with a very bad record.

In 2018 Dolphins, cleaned house of some overpriced stars, brought back their starting QB that had surgery the year prior, started 3-0 before losing it's 1st game against a desperate Patriots team in NE where more time then not, they win.

Miami in the past never started 3-0, Miami never stayed so consistently focused in games whether ahead, behind, or tied. Miami of old would have show inconsistency starting then season, but what I see in this team is it is more focused, willing to win any way way possible, there are no stars, Miami will win on the arm of their QB, or by running it if it is working, or by playing very smart opportunistic defense. The mindset on this team has changed...Miami got destroyed by the Patriots this past Sunday, watch this coming Sunday if it seems to still be in their memory, or are they a new team from what we saw this past Sunday?

11-6 under the Gase/Tannehill duo, it mightn't be pretty but we're winning the games we should win and generally come good in clutch situations, when was that ever the case?

Big question is can they compete with the big boys offensively and Cincinnati will be a good test as they're going to put up 25+ points.

The injuries are number one concern, followed by little help from the offense.

The rotation they had on the D line is all but gone, your safety and starting corner are hurt. It would seem unlikely that the defense will be able to play effectively under those circumstances.

I guess the hope is to try and fight until some of those guys return to the lineup, but losing a player to IR per game on top of the other injuries isn’t a receipe for success.

We all talked about how bad the depth was to begin with.

Top 5 in takeaways. Yep that’s carried us.

Charles Harris playing less snaps than the udfa Woodard sunday. That might have been more about run defense on early downs but either way it’s not good.

17 class is looking grim these days. Probably could flip those 2 dt adds from day 3 for 2nd and 3rd round worthy picks these days and at least get something out of that group. They’d both get drafted on day 2 in a do over

Back
Top Bottom