O And D Rankings As Of 10/1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O And D Rankings As Of 10/1

I am talking Miami with Tannehill, and though obviously they do lack something to allow anyone to crazy and think they are right now one of the top teams, they do tend to play beyond what is or should be expected of them.

In 2016, though they started slow (They were a dropped Deep pass to Stills from beating the Seahawks, and lack of time from maybe beating the Pats in NE), they started a winning streak against a Steelers team that was fighting for a playoff spot, and at the time was hot...They had a three game West coast trip, and beat a talented Chargers team, an up and coming Rams Team that had a great defense, and a 49ers team that was already in spoiler mode with little quit...They swept both the Bills and Jets (When was the last time Miami did that?).

The Miami of old would not have had any winning streak, and probably not even come close to reaching the playoffs.

In 2017,They lost their starting QB, replaced him with a retired QB that should have stayed retired, delt with a hurrricane that (Good or bad) did stay in the minds of the players for a few weeks, a FA LB that went Mia, a coach that seemed to have a substance problem, and Miami started 1-2, but still showed enough tenacity to fight back to a 4-2 record, they did still lose some games afterwards, but again were able to win a few game to stay in the playoff hunt for around 3 quarters of the season.

The Miami Old Miami Dolphins would have folded after all this problems, and ended up picking very high with a very bad record.

In 2018 Dolphins, cleaned house of some overpriced stars, brought back their starting QB that had surgery the year prior, started 3-0 before losing it's 1st game against a desperate Patriots team in NE where more time then not, they win.

Miami in the past never started 3-0, Miami never stayed so consistently focused in games whether ahead, behind, or tied. Miami of old would have show inconsistency starting then season, but what I see in this team is it is more focused, willing to win any way way possible, there are no stars, Miami will win on the arm of their QB, or by running it if it is working, or by playing very smart opportunistic defense. The mindset on this team has changed...Miami got destroyed by the Patriots this past Sunday, watch this coming Sunday if it seems to still be in their memory, or are they a new team from what we saw this past Sunday?

The Miami of old could not win against NE at home and apparently the new Miami still cant do the same. The old Miami couldn't not win big games to prove everyone wrong that Miami is for real. The new Miami still cant do that, and it's the same. We get killed in big games in the playoffs and against the Pats at home. The old Tannehill plays like crap in NE and the new Tannehill stills plays like crap in NE. We are consistently stuck in mediocrity. It's no surprise though, I expected us to go 8-8 this season.

Even though we are still 3-1 at this time, it feels like we are 1-3 after that horrible performance against the pats. Injuries are starting to take a toll and there's a sense that things will continue to go down hill for us and could go down hill real quick. The next couple weeks will tell us more.

For the life of me I can't understand how the offense NEVER makes adjustments
Does nothing to feed playmakers for potential big plays
Can't get a TE involved if life depended on it
Can't comprehend!

The Miami of old could not win against NE at home and apparently the new Miami still cant do the same. The old Miami couldn't not win big games to prove everyone wrong that Miami is for real. The new Miami still cant do that, and it's the same. We get killed in big games in the playoffs and against the Pats at home. The old Tannehill plays like crap in NE and the new Tannehill stills plays like crap in NE. We are consistently stuck in mediocrity. It's no surprise though, I expected us to go 8-8 this season.

Even though we are still 3-1 at this time, it feels like we are 1-3 after that horrible performance against the pats. Injuries are starting to take a toll and there's a sense that things will continue to go down hill for us and could go down hill real quick. The next couple weeks will tell us more.

I believe the next few games will tell us more about what type of team we are, then the game against the Pats.

Did the games against the Jags and Lions determine who the Pats will be this year?

Now I am not saying we should be thought of as a championship team, I have as much solid information, as everyone that is already writing us off. This team could very easily fall on their face from here on, but...

What if they don't? This past game is very capable of doing one of two two things, they could either start doubting themselves after such a beating, or it could have slapped them back to reality, made them remember that 3-0, or 0-3, you better be ready every week, especially against the top team in your division, or things will go south fast.

Miami is still in 1st place, Miami still does tend to play the Patriots much better in Miami, then in NE.

Miami just finished the 1st quarter of the season in 1st place, did anyone expect that?

There are only a few things we know for sure about how Miami has performed under Gase...

• Gase teams don't stay down too long, eventually they come back...they will not quit.
  • This version of the Dolphins have played, and will continue to play like a close knit unit, there is no blaming going around...they win as a team, they lost because of the whole team.
  • Gase expects results from his team, if any individual can't pull his weight, or is a disruption, someone else will take his place...nobody is bigger then the team.
The next few games, not what happened in NE, not what happened the first three games, will be the real bit of information that will tell us what this team is made of.

Those numbers are depressing. Gase and his team have this year to prove they can produce a winner. If this season goes south like I have a feeling it will, then injuries or not, the regime should pay the price. Sucks tearing it down every 3 years, but you have to see progress and I am just not seeing the results. This team is soft, undisciplined and tends to get punched in the mouth year after year by physical teams. We produce a losing record with having the Bills and Jets on our schedule twice and there is no coming back.

Or maybe after this ONE game where Miami was blown out by a desperate Patriots team in their home, may have downgraded Miami's rank lower then how good each actually is capable of playing, and have played in their previous 3 games before NE.

No my friend, offense has been putrid since the first game, if not for some unusual field starting position generated by turnovers and some gimmick plays we would be complaining of our garbage offense since game one. After the next two games we will see that it was not the Patriots game, but instead we survived miracoulsy the first three with less Time of possesion and no fundamentals. Luck and key turnovers. If we dont change 180 degrees we will be pretty humiliated.

Look on the bright side - at least Charles "Dark Place" Harris finally showed up for his followers....twice in fact.

Once for jumping offsides and again for getting blocked into oblivion by a Tight End. Kid's got a lot of upside

Didn't he get a TFL when the back fell over and he touched him down ? It was about the only reminder for me that he was actually on our roster on Sunday, lol.

No my friend, offense has been putrid since the first game, if not for some unusual field starting position generated by turnovers and some gimmick plays we would be complaining of our garbage offense since game one. After the next two games we will see that it was not the Patriots game, but instead we survived miracoulsy the first three with less Time of possesion and no fundamentals. Luck and key turnovers. If we dont change 180 degrees we will be pretty humiliated.

I agree we have issues, and I agree they absolutely need to be fixed, but in spite of these issues, Miami keeps for the most part score 20+ points in most games, and most importantly, they continue to win.

We will see in Cincinnati, and then in Miami vs the suddenly mighty Bears.

What exactly is it that you’ve seen in this team? In 2016 they got destroyed in the opening round in the playoffs per usual. They missed the playoffs last year. I doubt they make it this year. That sounds like the same **** we’ve been dealing with since Don Shula.

To be fair JJ built a great D and... Danny was too crippled to play high level and Jimmy whiffed on too many O picks along with some crap luck such a Yatil. Then came the ahhhhh maze zinger wanny years -- but still with some playoff action and I do think we at least won 1 wildcard (Jack of asse$ if I recall) then... well along comes Ross and the rest is misery.

...ya think Gase is still hiding our secret weapons like he did during preseason?

I mean he's too smart to start the tractor before the field needs plowing!

Beyond that -- why buy the farm when you only wanna ride the pig?

BNF

Back
Top Bottom