O. Gadsden : What Are We Losing??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O. Gadsden : What Are We Losing???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I've looked at the numbers, and I've done the math. I want to know what this offense will be losing with the departure of OG...

His numbers, very mediocre IMO.

98' - 48 catches 713 yards - 7TD's
99' - 48 - 803 - 6
00' - 56 - 786 - 6
01' - 55 - 674 - 3

As many of you can see looking at these numbers, OG was not what most teams would consider a #2 WR. His numbers reflect a player who gets very little after the catch. He was more of a possession WR than anything else IMO.....

C. Carter's numbers last season speak volumes of the difference in the type of WR the two are....

C. Carter may not be the same WR he use to be, but he's still better than most. He's certainly a better WR than O. Gadsden will ever be....even at age 36.

Losing OG will cause friction amongst some team-mates becuase he was a very well liked individual, but this is football. It shouldn't be taken personally.....

I wish OG the very best in the future, but we needed a more qualified WR opposite C. Chambers IMO....

C. Carter is a winner and a leader. He'll point the finger when it needs to be pointed. Signing him will also take tons of pressure off of C. Chambers and the rest of the offense with him out there...

He's considered a threat on the field. I'm not sure if O. Gadsden was ever really looked at as a serious threat to opposing defenses. His lack of speed didn't qualify him to be labled in that catagory.....

C. Carter may not be that fast, but his knowledge, and fire for the game is undeniable. He'll be every bit the WR he was for the Vikes...

C. Carter wants a ring very badly, and he's also got something to prove to his former employer / and R. Moss himself....

More On O. Gadsden : I don't think OG was having a very good year thus far either. He had dropped more balls this year than I had ever seen.....

Also, with the addition of TE's R. McMicheal / D. Clark, I think that big target WR issue had been covered....

I'll miss him some....but not all that much.

Once C. Carter starts producing, we'll all forget about Gadsden. C. Carter is much more capable of hurting defense than OG was IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I agree 100%. I think all we'll miss is OG's clutch catches but I do believe that Carter can be even MORE clutch!

Carter is clearly better, this will be an upgrade.

Call me vicious and unloyal if you want but this is a very big upgrade and I'm happy it happened. I'm more loyal to the Dolphins then OG and this helps the team.

Yeah Oronde makes the great impossible catch, but so does Carter. Carter is quicker/faster than Oronde, taller and is a great jumper. I have liked what Oronde has given us the past few years, but like BLITZ said, do the math. The little fade pass to the corner of the endzone hasn't worked too much the last couple years. How many 100 yard games has he had?? A few here and there??

Carter is just as big...however it is Oronde's leadership that will be missed. This team has leaders through example. Not a whole lot of mouthy guys on the phins squad. My main concern is Carter's mouth. If he simply goes out and does his job, and talks in a way that fits the team, then I think this will be a great signing.

2 weeks ago, Gadsden was one of the best WR's in the NFL, now he's mediocre.......

Very funny.

Ummmm, Billsfan ... who on this site EVER said Gadsden was one of the best receivers in the league?

And Admin, I think a healthy amount of jawing on Carter's part will be welcome. We have plenty of voices on defense (notably Taylor and Thomas), but not a lot of "spokesmen" (for lack of a better term) on offense. I think a healthy does of that will help.

Talking $hit is a part of the game. We need a little $hit talking. Cris can talk all he wants. At least he can back up his mouth, unlike Daryl Gardner.

Originally posted by chambers84
Talking $hit is a part of the game. We need a little $hit talking. Cris can talk all he wants. At least he can back up his mouth, unlike Daryl Gardner.

Well at least we agree on something!!!!....

Maybe you and I aren't so different afterall!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Well at least we agree on something!!!!....

Maybe you and I aren't so different afterall!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Did you read my PM to you?? You might actually think different of me.

My favorite thing about Carter is how he stays in bounds. He has amazing foot placement and hands. He also has more speed than Gadsden. I am a big Gadsden fan, but you can't say that hes better then the man who has the second most receptions in NFL history.

Back
Top Bottom