O-Line,O-Line,O-line.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line,O-Line,O-line....

Sundance Kid

Starter
Reaction score
THAT and ONLY That is what is NEEDED Big Time in Miami.....
Watch how well the 2 Rookies play on the O-Line tonight for the Jets.
Other then Carey...who is a Top pick on our patch work line?
Wanny gave Up 2 picks for the GREAT Wade Smith....who is now with the Jets!
Until this is fixed.....we will win some and lose some more....just treading water...

Drafting for OLine is a crapshoot. Of course we need to do it but there's no guarantee. The better avenue to obsess over is getting a better offensive coordinator. Like Jimmy & Dave before him, Nick is a "defensive guy" and the only success we had with Dave & Jimmy was when we had a decent offensive cooridnator. A good coordinator makes 11 offensive players better! And maybe with our 6 draft picks (which you know 3 are going to be defensive lineman - Saban specialty) maybe we'll see improvement. :confused:

Until this is fixed.....we will win some and lose some more....just treading water...
Top 10 picks in the O-line are never guarantees. Gallery is average. Mandarich was a bust. Bob Whitfield and MIke Williams are/were nothing special.

When it is 3rd and 1...

WHO do we have to follow as the Lead Blockers....?????
NO-one....

All of a sudden the Jets are the model for how to run a franchise and build a team? Gimme a break.

God, you sound like a broken record- and a bad one at that. LJ Shelton was also a top pick.

Look at some of the best O-lines in the business- SD, Denver, Indy, continuiuty not high draft picks.

I will crush you lemmings- point by point, thread by thread.

"The O-line's fine, time to put a little lead back in Miami's pencil"

WHO do we have to follow as the Lead Blockers....?????
NO-one....

Carey and Shelton have been awesome lead blockers since week 8, wake up.

Miami Dolphins 2007- Say No to Bama and the Negative OL loving lemmings who always leave in the 3rd quarter

Draft some playmakers Nick- You Know You need to.

Drafting for OLine is a crapshoot. Of course we need to do it but there's no guarantee. The better avenue to obsess over is getting a better offensive coordinator. Like Jimmy & Dave before him, Nick is a "defensive guy" and the only success we had with Dave & Jimmy was when we had a decent offensive cooridnator. A good coordinator makes 11 offensive players better! And maybe with our 6 draft picks (which you know 3 are going to be defensive lineman - Saban specialty) maybe we'll see improvement. :confused:

You are right on - we can whine about the Oline and WR's and especially the QB - BUT - until you get an OC that can keep the other team's D off balance and NOT run on 1st and 2nd EVERY time or throw to the WR after he steps back off the line. How many times can we run that play!! Mularkey has been terrible and the problem is IF we get rid of him we have to have our 3rd OC in 3 years - that's ZERO continuity.

You are right on - we can whine about the Oline and WR's and especially the QB - BUT - until you get an OC that can keep the other team's D off balance and NOT run on 1st and 2nd EVERY time or throw to the WR after he steps back off the line. How many times can we run that play!! Mularkey has been terrible and the problem is IF we get rid of him we have to have our 3rd OC in 3 years - that's ZERO continuity.

ur right on point. our offense is very predictable. murlakey suck, i want him gone. promote somebody on the staff. we have seen no progress on his play calling.

ur right on point. our offense is very predictable. murlakey suck, i want him gone. promote somebody on the staff. we have seen no progress on his play calling.

imo its not the play calling as much as it is the players we have droped passes all season in every possion not only that we need a speedy reciever a burner that can catch a LT and a cb and a QB (that we draft ) so its just not the play calling its a little more than that we still need a few more players in place b 4 we can start pointing fingers here is what i think we need to address( imo )

1st =wr
2nd or 3rd= QB
3RD or 4th =OL
5TH= CB
6th = OL
7TH= OL
WE CAN address the LB possion via FA and maybe another cb :eek: :dolphins:

When you run for at least a 4yd average and aren't giving up alot of sacks....it isn't the O-line. The problem is with the receivers. The Dolphin's need a number one receiver....that can run routes....that can get open and can catch the football.

I disagree... I think SABAN is quite satisfied with the "D" currently. He may pick up 1 but I don't see 3... He is well aware of what we need and it would NOT surprise me to see him draft a QB and the rest on OL and Special teams...

When you run for at least a 4yd average and aren't giving up alot of sacks....it isn't the O-line. The problem is with the receivers. The Dolphin's need a number one receiver....that can run routes....that can get open and can catch the football.

are [u kidding me? Joey's pass plays average 5.8 yards i believe. t hats no more then a 3 step drop and a quick pass off the 1st read if not 2nd. If i had to pass 5 yards i wuodlnt get sacked either. maybe if we passed the damn ball further down WAITING for a ROUTE TO DEVELOPE then our SACK total would be tremendously highe rjust like it was with DC. Saban said after all those sacks they changed the offense to a quicker pass on short plays. or else joey would be in the same **** hole as DC was.

It isn't the receivers either... It is a QB that can't seem to hit a target deeper that 10 yards! He even struggles with short yardage passes!

Man I am praying for an early departure of JOEY tonight!

are [u kidding me? Joey's pass plays average 5.8 yards i believe. t hats no more then a 3 step drop and a quick pass off the 1st read if not 2nd. If i had to pass 5 yards i wuodlnt get sacked either. maybe if we passed the damn ball further down WAITING for a ROUTE TO DEVELOPE then our SACK total would be tremendously highe rjust like it was with DC. Saban said after all those sacks they changed the offense to a quicker pass on short plays. or else joey would be in the same **** hole as DC was.

I disagree... Joey has had plenty of time lately... But he still dumps it off to the shorter patterns because even HE knows he is not accurate down field!

Carey and Shelton have been awesome lead blockers since week 8, wake up.

Miami Dolphins 2007- Say No to Bama and the Negative OL loving lemmings who always leave in the 3rd quarter

Draft some playmakers Nick- You Know You need to.

you have got to be kidding me.
The o-line is the most important thing in football.
Although our o line is pretty good at pass protection. They are one of the worst at run blocking.
If you have a good running game you controle thetime of possesion and keep the opposing offence off the feild.
carey and shelton are decent but you really need a great push up front from your o line to open holes in order to run the ball effectivley.

Back
Top Bottom