O-line suggestions... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-line suggestions...

A/C Dorsal

Historic Franchise Pride
Reaction score
how about using more of them. Take out a receiver and add a Big guy to line up behind the front five, in the gap next to QB. Take out FullBack and put lineman in other gap on other side of Jay. so at snap it would look a little like 3 QBs. with Chambers, Randy, and Ricky @ skills. Mix it up a little, and you have a chance to create time and space. the things we are failing to do now.

that will help get the other teams Ss back - not :rolleyes:

the problem is everyone is worried about Ricky and has not respect for our passing game. The way to change that is to burn them deep. Then the D will have to move the Ss back to help

its not the Ss that is getting in our backfield before ricky hits the line of scrimage. we can't burn them deep so why not form up to take on the D we are facing?

Pretty sure we have a play where we bring in Taylor Whitley as an additional tackle. It's called 60 something. Ricky told Wannstedt to run that before he knew he scored the last touchdown vs. the Bills. They did it last Sunday, and announced 60 was elligible.

We need to see some shotgun formation on first down with Chambers and McKnight going deep. At least it would give the opposing D something to think about.

teams do have respect for the passing game...

"why must i always strighten you guys out?" - woody paige

the dolphins are so predictable. nothing to do with out passing game.

RUN, RUN, PASS.

there is no pass threat on 1st and 2nd down.. stack the line on 1st and 2nd, and then go into coverage on 3rd.

fiedler has a QB rating of 94 when passing on 1st and second downs... there is a reason for this.

6 TD, 3 INT on those downs...

I agree with running more of the Shotgun formation. However, the one main thing we must address.

BLOCK! We have no business worrying about the Ss if the DT's and DE's are in the backfield in 1.2 seconds EVERY SINGLE DOWN.

It sucks SO BAD to see Ricky being smothered almost the very instant he takes the handoff. His speed and power are rarely seen. Also, Fiedler almost never has time to make his drop and read the D. I realize they are back-ups but that doens't automatically allow them to suck. They are after all in the NFL....the place where PRO's come to play. Even some of the D-line's we've played aren't that great, let alone NE's banged up D.

I realize alot of you are probably gonna crab about this, but this is what I see every weekend...not something I've made up. Believe me, I wish it wasn't true.....I wish we had the stats of an elite team.

Back
Top Bottom