O Line was unprepared | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O Line was unprepared

Tunaphish429

1st Ballot Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Losing Jake Long hurt us big time but the O line was just totally unprepared yesterday. They gave minimal effort and could not adjust...

9 sacks! You give up 9 sacks?

I am not sure why we didnt give the eagles a heavy dose of D Thomas and Richie like Tim Ryan pointed out either. I understand the screens early which were pretty effective but I would have like to have seen more draw plays.

Tony Sparano needs to go, pretty obvious.. The inconsistency of the line play just shows his incompetence. Our starting O line and depth at the line posistion is full of guys that were drafted very high. Its not like Tony has been working with bums.

What a ridiculous display yesterday was. I couldn't take my eyes off Garner and Colombo. It was like a trainwreck. When Jake initially went out I said just shelve him for the year, but anybody behind that "offensive line" will get killed.

Reminded me of the Bears game last year.

Even a great QB like Rodgers or Brees would've gotten killed behind this line yesterday. Sparano the OL guru? :lol: I guess there goes that idea...and that's why he's losing his job. I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen a 9 sack game. Wow, I didn't even know it was that much. NINE?!?! Just awful. Time to get this **** addressed next season, starting with "sacking" Colombo.

They weren't unprepared they aren't that good.

When you spend the draft picks that Miami has spent on the O line they better perform. Richie was drafted very high as well and the only reason he was let go from his orginal team was because he was a hot head. John Jerry drafted high as well..

To me they were just unprepared for the wide nines and the speed that the eagles has..Granted its hard to simulate that in practice but the game showed that they were just totally unprepared. I would say the game plan didnt help either....

Why start throwing the ball downfield when your best pass protector goes out? Makes no sense.

I just flipped thru the thesaurus and couldn't find a word harsh enough to describe the OLine's play yesterday. :idk:

All of that was not the Oline instant replay clearly shows Bush missing blocks on two blitz play. It was so obvious that Bush, Thomas, and even Slaton should have had 30 carries that game.

4 years in two first round picks along with fairly high other picks and some big free agent signing and our line is still a friggin mess. No better evidence than to fire this azzhat

agree - we should have tried pounding Thomas inside. But I think we all saw how important Jake Long is. We completely fell apart when he got hurt. I was at the fins-Giants game when Pouncey went out. 4 of the next 6 plays were QB sacks after the line had played well all day. Coincidence or we can't adjust?

Back
Top Bottom