Scout Team
Reaction score
Carey, Vernon G 6-4 363 Miami (Fla.)
Poole, Will CB 5-10 193 Southern California
Bua, Tony SS 5-11 218 Arkansas
Hadnot, Rex C 6-2 323 Houston
Pape, Tony G 6-6 323 Michigan
Pope, Derrick ILB 6-1 226 Alabama

Two Guards/Tackles, a centre/guard, 2 DB and a MLB. Not too many surprises about the positions selected, except no WR or DT.

But what are we going to do with all the O-linemen? We now have (I think) Smith, James, McKinney, Carey, McIntosh, Whitley, Pape, Yates, Jerman, St Clair, and Hadnot.

Did I miss anyone?

I wonder if McIntosh is worse than we have been told and might be out for the season.

I'll stake an EARLY stab at starting Oline.

LT- W. Smith
LG- J.James
C - S.McKinney
RG - V.Carey
RT - T.Pape (I would never have thought W.Smith last year, so who knows?)

Carey has MUCH better footwork than Pape. Reverse the two. Pape will compete with Jerman and Whitley @ RG. Carey WILL play RT. We did not draft Vernon Carey @ 19 to play freakin guard.

mee said:
I'll stake an EARLY stab at starting Oline.

LT- W. Smith
LG- J.James
C - S.McKinney
RG - V.Carey
RT - T.Pape (I would never have thought W.Smith last year, so who knows?)
your qb's life is in danger if that's your starting OL. You don't honestly think your rookies are gonna handle top DE's in the NFL? How are they gonna read Bellichick ever changing defensive looks?

You're right ... its way too early to suggest this could be the starting line. But it's also too early to say it couldn't.

Either way I am confident it'll be enough to sweep the Bills again.

With all the competition for RG and RT, we're going to come out of this with a damned solid line.

Justasportsfan said:
your qb's life is in danger if that's your starting OL. You don't honestly think your rookies are gonna handle top DE's in the NFL? How are they gonna read Bellichick ever changing defensive looks?

Justa, whats to worry, our old OL vets did not do a decent job on the Pats rushing scheme either. At least these guys get to be more mobile and have something to prove...

Anyways I am trying to improve my sig... :)

Back
Top Bottom